What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, December 18, 2006

This One Kills Only Animals.


For reasons that I will not even try to explain I emerged from the weekend in a far far better frame of mind than I entered it. It may have something to do with actually finding a picture of Derek and Gloria, or maybe something else who knows. All I know is that not even the cloying sounds of Tori Amos blaring from the ceiling at Starcocks could wreck my oddly good mood. Oh, I also discovered a band named Cunninlynguists. Who doesn't smile at that. The weekend was replete with Holiday movies, and that always cheers me up.

Although the weekend was primarily devoted to me time, Saturday was a whirlwind of activity a great deal of which had to be done in the pouring rain which hasn't helped my cold one bit. I went all over Los Angeles on a $3 Day Pass. Starting in Korea Town speaking to a nice lady at a rental agency, and then looking at some charming 20s era apartments, then back to Silverlake to look at a tiny tiny tiny apartment in a fancy neighborhood. Then back to Korea Town where I caught an express bus to Beverly Hills.

Christmas shopping on Rodeo drive was predictably a flesh roast of tourists, wannabees and genuinely detached medicated corpses. I only patronize on shop on Rodeo, and now that I know how to get there from the Wilshire center a calm has washed over me. As bad as my week gets I can always shoot down to Rodeo for some well earned retail therapy.

I also read a summary of a Scripps study that indicates THC blocks Alzheimer's causing brain plaque. That's good news for me, bad news for some other peeps. I'm Not sure about the actual conclusions in the study, but it is promising news for anyone who has witnessed the disease or been the victim of caffeine induced road rage. Peace Brutha.

My second home Seattle is still recovering from one of the worst windstorms in over a decade. People have been left without power, and many may not have their electricity restored until well into the week. Reminds me of Ice Storm 96'. If I were there, but I'm not. But I'm thinking of all my friends in Seattle because it is a might bit nippy here in Los Angeles, and I can only imagine what it must be like.

With most of my holiday shopping in the bag I can actually relax this week. Of course I still have to find a place to live, but at this point it is more about choosing which Art Deco inspired ghetto tragic building I want to live in. They're all so close to the Red Line, and the express line to Beverly Hills, I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going to be calling my new part-time home.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home