He Will Go Where We Cannot.

I'm not sure why I must have been out of my mind but yesterday I actually listened to NPR. Apparently there is an insular religious "community" (surprise surprise) somewhere in the Ozarks (no I don't believe NPR investigative journalism was any more detailed than that) that is in the grips of a sexual abuse scandal. It seems the religious leaders were telling the women they could not read the bible, and that men were placed on earth to satisfy their needs, and blah blah blah. You can imagine where this is leading.
There is very little about this story from legitimate news sources, but some people are writing about it on their blogs. And although it's really hard to make light of something like this I sure as hell am gonna try.
They interviewed one of the women connected to these allegations, and she said that after she "escaped" the commune she began to read the bible (something that was within the sole purview of men back on the farm) and "nowhere in the bible does it say it is OK to rape children." And I'm thinking O.K., pretty reasonable, and putting aside all the mind rotting fucked up trash that is in the bible, I'm forced to wonder, How long did this theotard go around actually believing that the Bible did in fact say it was OK to rape children, and how sorry am I suppose to feel for a person who is so irretrievably stupid as to think that. I know it sounds harsh but please. At some point with all the atrocities happening in the world (most or all in the name of religion granted) I just have to draw a line and say No! If your brain functions are such that it remains a scientific mystery how you manage to regulate your autonomic systems (like breathing and blinking) then you simply have to take your chances. And if you are so callous and ignorant as to expose your children to that environment then so be it. The women aren't dead. And being a recovering victim of digital rape is a helluva lot better than being a present day God-fearing believer in mumbo jumbo crappy crap. I don't think I've ever used mumbo jumbo in a sentence before. It's not as satisfying as I thought it would be.
I think it's important to note that this just wasn't happening with young girls. Grown women were aware of this and tacitly consented to it. First by placing their kids in this environment, and then supporting a community that actively subjugated women in every aspect. At least the pervs know what they are. These women have no idea how dangerous their stupidity is for their children.
What do these people expect? If these people believe that animals and the environment were placed on this planet to exploit, then it naturally follows by their logic that the stupid and faithful were put here for other more intelligent people to exploit. It's divine law baby! Suck it up! Oh I mean cover your teeth.
And they can do it all tax free!!!!!
And speaking of dip-shit Christian pop-culture spreading its fetid hands over our otherwise rational existence, I'm listening to another Christian revivalist come indie-pop band-o-the-moment Delta Spirit. Much in the vein of Cold War Kids they manage to sound alright 50% of the time, irritating 25% of the time, and just plain bad the rest of the time. Is that enough? Under normal circumstances perhaps, but since they sing about shit that is only their and none of my business and certainly doesn't interest me either way, then no. It all starts off with the snarly yarping line "Are you a believer?" and the yawns and indictments of television and everything corrupting just keep coming. I mean Christ (he he) even Moby reels it in and writes ambient music some of the time.*
I sound so dogmatic and implacable I think I may start bahhing. Is that a word? Bahhhhhhh!
Enough about God. I'm more interested in The Gods. As in curse the Gods this is going to be the last new episode of Battlestar Galactica before the hiatus and continuation of the season sometime in the new year. I've cleared my calendar for the evening, and so should you. I also have to do my holiday shopping tomorrow. Like all of it. No stress or anything.
P.S. Gay marriage is the most pressing issue on the national agenda. Preserve the traditional inbred bible thumping digitally raping female dominating racial purity preserving family. Amen.
_______________________________________________________
* Click here to read a small story I found about the aforementioned dip-shits.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home