What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

She Had A Gorgon Face


There were throngs. Literally throngs of Wells Fargo Trainees in Starbucks this morning. Ordering clever drinks. Double tall non-fat cran-spice latte, triple venti decaf machiatto, or my personal favorite the double short non-fat decaf latte or as Compadre likes to call it the "why bother". Yeah, if you're in a Starcocks and you order a non-fat decaf anything, then there is absolutely no reason for you to be there. You have succumbed at all levels to marketing image management peer pressure and either momentarily or in toto have become less of a rational being and more of a shadow creature easily manipulated and far more easily predicted. You essentially are the reason control groups exist and when the day comes, and dear God it will come, when some clever little sprite decides to engineer a eugenic bomb designed to eradicate any predetermined ethnic minority you may rest easy knowing that you played your small part. If you order anything with the word spice at the end, then that's just precious. The things we divine from common discourse.

I saw a killer movie last night. The unrated version of Pulse. I admit that this is the kind of movie that just gives me the gooze, and besides Ian Somerhalder there really wasn't a lot of fine acting and even he does his best work with his eyebrows, but at least he jumped off that train wreck of suck that is Lost. It's best that I not get into Lost. Anyway, check it out if you want. It gets my partial endorsement.

Some of you may remember my 5 reasons to hate Louis Vuitton and by extension the hordes of Lulus that infest your lobby and Wells Fargo trainee retreats. Someone has done a rather good job of distilling the marketing trend behind the downfall of the mono-brand. Read it. Preferably before you do any Christmas shopping

That being said, I'm not quite sure what I think of the swastika as the new mono-brand, but it certainly gives one room for pause.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Anonymous D said...

    I don't get the little envelopee' thingy at the end of your blog.Am I spose to do something with it?
    Dan

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    You can click on it and send that individual entry to a friend. Like me, but that might be silly.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home