What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm Sure They Were Canadian.




Well I think I forgot to mention my Po-Yack. The Po-Yack is a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix that the rental agency believes I requested:

"Um, is that a Hyundai?"
"No, it's a Grand Prix."
"A Grand What?"
"Grand Prix, Pontiac, it's a midsize."
"I don't think I wanted a mid-size se-sedan."
"You didn't want the Grand Prix?"
"Do I look like I want a Grand Whatnow?"

The guy gave me a 10% discount so I had to be pretty nice about the whole mess.

Anyway, my Po-Yack and I have had all sorts of adventures that probably only Pony with respect to Monte would understand.

The dashboard is a sea of auburn red glow that, despite my sincere efforts, I have been unable to deactivate. The exterior color is neither green, blue, nor gray, but can look like any given the lighting. A chameleon she is. The lines say sports-sedan, but the girth echoes touring sedan. There's a spoiler. I really really hate her.

I want to get a bumper-sticker or a t-shirt that says "Jesus Is Driving the Po-Yack, I'm just a passenger."

That may be all there is to say about anything as unfortunate as the Po-Yack. But what really breaks my roux is that I could have bought another Peugeot (you remember the Peugeot) for what I am throwing down on Po-Yack. Sometimes the world just makes no sense. No sense tall.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Somehow this all makes me feel better about the Sable. Talk about a hateful car.
    Thanks

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    Ah, Monte. Sweet, sweet memories. Much in the same way Arctic Monkeys will never cease to bring a pained smile to my face. And before you continue your hatin' on Le Grand Prix, try not to forget, although she was a sassy sight, your wayward Peugeot was never capable of hauling your sweet ass to Idaho and back. Never. I missed your blog. And you missed your sexy, fancy-jean-wearing, tamale maker today. It was Wednesday. He tried to talk to me in Spanish. I think he misses you.
    "Donde esta el guero caliente?"
    "Huh? Oh . . . He, uh, he moved . . . Uh, esta, uh, como se dice . . . oh, fuck it, he left, sweetie. He lives in Seattle. Sorry." And as the tears quietly streamed down his face, I hightailed it out of there. People's Court had already started. You understand.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home