What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Famous Make The Best Pets.


Tomorrow is my last day of work. I know I won't shut up about it, but it really is a big deal. Really! I am not anticipating any problems, and I am expecting a call from Uhaul to confirm my reservation today. If all goes as planned I should cross the California border just as the heat wave coupled with LA County's crunching energy demand sends Southern California into 3 years of utter darkness. The story on transit news didn't sound as apocalyptic, but early in the morning I like things a little florid.

My macbook came in the mail yesterday and she is even more striking then I thought. Quite sublime really. Of course she is somewhat limited in what she can do until I have my internet connected on Monday. A power struggle is already brewing between mac and Milo. I tried to have mac take a picture of Milo, and Milo would have absolutely none of it. I think the weather is making Milo a touch cranky. However, at 3:00 am (the witching hour) Milo was all about the cuddles and purrs.

The Yankees were once again victorious last night. Mike Mussina I believe notched his 13th win of the season, however, when he was taken out of the game Ron Villone allowed a run, but after that Scott Proctor and Mo held the ravenous Rangers at bay and maintained the Yankee lead. Ro Ro did really well last night and I hope he is coming out of his slump. Derek went one for five, but I think the muggy weather does a number on him. The best part of the game was when the kiss cam caught Ro Ro in the dugout. Ro Ro noticed this and quickly planted a kiss on the head his team-mate Andy Phillip's head. No homo. The crowd ate it up, but proceeded to boo for Ro Ro's next at bat.

I have some non-baseball related fo after the pic of Derek.


First, I am not sure I like these mobile boutiques. It seems a lot like mobile advertising. You know the billboards that are placed on the back of trucks and then driven all around town. I may be a little eccentric, but I feel that commerce should make an effort to consume less fossil fuels, and should certainly not jump at the opportunity to mollify fat and lazy consumers. Click here to read more on these things that upset me.

Second, I am so completely unplugged from the Matrix. Band of Horses played on David Letterman, and I was completely unaware. Fortunately the whole thing is on youtube. That girl has the most ferocious over-bite I have ever seen, but it is strangely endearing. Kinda like the ugliest dog at the pound you can't help but fall in love with. Click here to watch Band Of Horses on youtube, unless you are one of those people that can't watch youtube at work. Then you will just have to wait.

Third, also on youtube is an interview with the enemy David Wright on Letterman. Know thy enemy as someone always says, and if they're cute get to know them really well. This is a good interview because Letterman makes a comment that adequately reflects many people's views of the National League. See if you can catch it. Click here to watch. Now Major League Baseball owns this interview and it's only a matter of time before it's taken down so don't dawdle.

Fourth, Ehud Olmert is one crazy mofo. It would seem that run of the mill collateral damage just isn't enough for some, and he's decided to start attacking the U.N directly. Now this may be a misunderstanding, but we'll see. I'm trying very hard to stay interested in this business, but it isn't easy. When people start screaming about invisible men in the sky I yawn. When they start killing each other over it I just pop a Valium and say good night. Click here to read about Olmert going ape shit on the U.N.

And lastly, the superficial is not really satisfying my voracious lust for celebrity gossip so some of my lunch buddies gave me the idea to feed my hunger with perezhilton.com. I have added a link on the left, but click here for a preview.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I could get a hard-on for Mussina.
    Thanks for the pic.
    See you in 3 1/2 days.
    Dan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home