Formulating A Plan Is The Last Thing We Should Do.

Is there anything sadder than a big girl holding a McDonald's bag? I hate to diminish all of the atrocities in the world, but I am going to go out on a limb and answer in the negative. Which brings me to my secret. I ate at McDonald's yestermorning! I didn't mean to, but this muggy weather has depleted my body of vital sodium. I just didn't think yogurt and granola was going to cut it, and I didn't eat shit-flesh so I think it was safe. But coming back from my salad lunch I saw a really big girl, I mean a really big girl, waddling down Hope Street clutching a McDonald's bag. The sac o' food seemed strangely miniature in the hands of a giantess, and I sighed. I wept.
Not really, but you have to think to yourself where is the hope? I'm not the thinnest thing on two legs, but my legs do look like legs, and I have lost 8 pounds in the last 6 weeks, and all that was required was constant vigilance. Planned starvation and vitamins. And while we are on the topic of food I had my first unsatisfying meal at Paru's Vegetarian Indian Restaurant yesterevening. Some chopped veggies with chick peas in a heavy sauce. It was actually quite good, but I didn't think it was worth 14 dollars or whatever I paid. Paru's, however, is only for the 100% nui hip or the 100% vegetarian Indian. No one else would bother. So the food, although unsatisfying is not the issue.
Many of you have probably heard of Ro Ro's slump, and the awful fans that have been booing him, and the possibility of him leaving the Yankees, and of course people want my opinion on this as well as a variety of less interesting topics, so natch the last day and a half has been all click click flash flash, but I think it's all wild innuendo and rumor and I don't think anything will come of it. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about then you would do well to review yesterday's post, and not join in on conversations you can't keep up with.
Ro Ro has a no-trade clause, and has been quoted as saying that when he leaves New York he is going to retire to of all blighted places Florida. Whatever, not the point. However, the fans, and they hardly deserve that name, have been so vicious. It's almost like bloodsport, and some have even said that booing Ro Ro (A Rod) is like the new pirate pant in New York, and it has become sorta the thing to do. You remember when everyone said Whaaaaaaasuuup!!! Kinda like that, but much more rude. Anyway. If Ro Ro can't develop as a player in New York then I think he should leave. There I said it. It has just become all too ugly for me. Ro Ro essentially has the same stats as David Wright, but because Ro Ro isn't 23, white and need I say hung he gets booed. Major league baseball is teeming with agism, racism, homophobia, sizism and all manner of dirty things, and I think Ro Ro may be the latest victim. But like I said, I don't think it will happen. Click here if you don't believe me. Then you click here to watch a stirring and inspirational montage on Ro Ro. It almost makes me cry.
And to make matters a little better the Yankees won last night, Compadre and I watched the game, and just so you know Derek batted an RBI, hit a sacrifice bunt to move Melky to third and later score, and then batted a double and scored on Ro Ro's double. Not sure in which innings because I'm not that intense yet.
Someone posted on youtube the Make A Wish story involving Derek. You remember the one that made me cry last week. I am just an emotional wreck lately. Anyway, click here to watch it.
Finally, Morrissey will be releasing a new single on August 20th. In The Future When All's Well from the Ringleader Of The Tormentors album. Most likely an import, but do try to pick it up because the b-side is a song called Christian Dior. How fricken cool is that.
2 Comments:
At 9:03 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I like the new look, especially the easy to find links.
5 more days! Yeah!
D.
At 3:36 PM ,
Rotten Little Pony said...
5 more days. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home