Anything That Can Exist Does Exist.

--10 years ago Bill Clinton was president, gas was 87 cents a gallon, and I didn't know what struggling meant. --
That was written on the back of some guys oversized t-shirt yesterday. It made me chuckle, and over-sized t-shirts are kinda the shiz right now. I saw a cholo on the train this weekend wearing the more street cred plain white XXXL. Hawt! Read More.
Good news. The Yankees beat Texas again in what was a nail biter, however, I was too busy packing, talking on the phone, and doing laundry to really notice anything more than runs. Click here for a rundown.

October 6th is the premiere of Battlestar Galactica Season 3. Whatever you're watching it's nowhere near as cool as this so don't even try. I know what many of watch on the television and it fills me with shame, and a small amount of fear. Fear for our future.
And speaking of the future, now would be a good time to wake up and kiss it. Right now you can't see anything in Los Angeles, the air is stifling, and it's only 6:30 am. I mentioned the black outs yesterday to a table full of reasonably educated people. It hadn't happened to them so it wasn't an issue. My mother is of course hysterical. One because her son lives in an over-heated hot thing, and two because her cat is a de-clawed huntress that won't stop attacking squirrels. The two are completely unrelated other than they both contribute to my mom's hysteria. Click here to read about how royally fracked we possibly potentially probably perhaps are.
Was it Milton Friedman that said human ingenuity has solved all of humanities woes, and will continue to do so in the future so needless regulation in effect stifles human development by staving off disaster in the short-term. If not he might as well have. Seriously though I have no idea who said that, but if anyone knows let me know cause I'd like to send them some scented soaps.
People dying in heat waves is really not a concern of mine when our president is waging a war against indecency with the Broadcast Decency Enforcement Act. He is a little sad because he had already broken his New Years resolution to act less ironic. It's not really dubya's deal, it is actually Sam Brownback's bill. He's from Kansas. It's a square place. Kinda center-ish, flat-like and dry. They're big on government regulation there I guess.
No, what the deal is is that there is a show on PBS, a World War II documentary (I know I've seen enough of them too) that contains just enough "salty" language to potentially be fined. And you know PBS, if they get fined then that means just one more telethon that we all have to sit through. Click here to read a little snippet.
And finally, there is an Isreali/Lebanese Conflict death counter web-page. Kinda low tech, but neat. And it may come in handy for your over-under office pool. Click here to see.
And if any of you can check out today's New York Times it's just priceless. There is a hilarious picture of Condi Rice and she is just fit to be tied over the whole affair. She tries her hardest and it is never ever good enough.
Last entry for a while. Me and U-haul will be a little occupied for the next few days. Don't Cry For Me Argentina blah blah blah.
2 Comments:
At 8:58 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Goodness! I don't know how to work this new comment format. Just wanted to make my last LA Post. Dan
At 10:01 AM ,
Rotten Little Pony said...
Two words for you, Dan. Bear Mace. Three for you, J Raymond. I love you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home