What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Clarity That Comes From A Dirty Martini Is Blinding



This is the first transmission from my fully armed and operational macbook, and lemme tell ya, the cable guy was hawt. Northwest hawt, but hawt nonetheless. Closely cropped hair, shades of a goatee, native complexion with just a hint of an accent. He sat on the floor and played with his cords and tools, and I sat next to him and put together my new Hol from IKEA. You can sorta see it in the picture. It is the latice-y looking trunk. Milo likes to sit on it and look out the window.

Cable guy was shocked that I would move from Los Angeles, but I told him all of this has happened before and will happen again. He was also surprised to learn that TimeWarner purchased Comcast. He started to frantically make calls trying to confirm my news of his impending lay-off. I think I spoiled the foreplay. Oh well! Another time another place.

Yesterday I returned the Raptor, and it was an experience I want to wait a long time to duplicate. There was a long line and there were only two people working. I suspect these two people had parents who were sibs. I snapped at the General Manager. I'm not sure what her name was, but I'm sure it was Barb. It has to be Barb. She could not accept a 20 dollar bill from the guy next to me because she could not make change. She needed 40 cents, and she was very rude about it. The guy had waited so long for his five boxes, and was ready to slink away with four when I jumped in with the 40 cents. I told Barb she was out of her mind, and she snapped at me "I DON'T HAVE CHANGE!" I don't have to tell you my response, but following it, the entire store went silent, and the appreciative man, who works at Firestone, offered me a free oil change. I don't have a car, but Anonymous Dan can use it.

Recoiling from that encounter I sat in the courtyard and contemplated pruning, but thought to postpone that chore until today. I have a job interview today. I have no idea how or where that came from, but this morning will involve shaving, pressing a shirt, picking out a tie, and all those interview things. I will let you know how it goes. The pruning and the interview.

Toodles.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How did you get the pic out of your window? That is so cool. Folks, your JRB is so amazing. He is already moved in and unpacked, except for a few hundred pesky CD's and such.And now a job interview within 48 hrs. of arrival.I'll say it again AMAZING!
    Dan

     
  • At 12:19 PM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    Won't be out in time for your birthday, but guess what you're getting for Christmas . . .

    Derek Jeter cologne goes on sale in November

    NEW YORK - Derek Jeter cologne is on the way.

    Derek Jeter's cologne will be called Driven.
    Avon Products Inc. has signed the New York Yankees shortstop to a deal in which it will create a men's fragrance called Driven — "reflecting the unique personality of one of the most driven men in America," according to a news release from the company.

    The fragrance, the first in a line of men's grooming products bearing Jeter's name, goes on sale in November.

    "I have been very involved with creating this fragrance — everything from the blend of scents to the design of the bottle and logo," Jeter said in the news release. "I did have some help, however. Because women buy a large percentage of the men's grooming products sold in the U.S., I asked my mother Dot and sister Sharlee to be part of the project.

    "I wanted to make sure the final product was something men would like to wear — and that women would want them to wear."

    The fragrance is a blend of chilled grapefruit, clean oak moss and spice.

     
  • At 12:19 PM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    Oak Moss?

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was going to tell you about the Derek Jeter cologne too!
    Christine

     
  • At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Grapefruit?
    Doesn't he watch KYLE KY ?

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Frack Christine! I've been spelling your name wrong this whole time. I'm so embarassed.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home