Sifting Through The Detritus.
Well I am officially out of the loop. Thanks to many of you for bringing to my attention the glorious news of Derek's new fragrance Driven. I am unable to load any of the promotional photos onto my blog cuz my mac and blogger do not seem to be the best of friends. I think I have managed to locate the link with the best pics however, my mac seems unwilling to create links. You would be amazed what my mac can do, and I may very well be amazed one day, however, today I remain a little bummed. Perhaps if I download Mozila.
Today Vivace saves the day. A lovely walk down to Broadway for a large Americano, and they were simply delightful. The man in front of me found his latte a little weak, and they were more than happy to add an additional shot gratis. I have to admit, against my better judgment I think I may like Vivace.
Yesterday I spent over an hour in the thrift store. Their prices were a little outrageous, but I did manage to slink away with a oh so fetching Dirk Bikkembergs jacket for 7 dollars. Rubes.
I also picked up another item I have been eyeing for quite some time, and would never have been able to find in Los Angeles. William Basinski's Garden Of Brokenness. I would really like to italicize some of this, but again my mac doesn't understand Windows APIs or whatever. I have listened to The Garden Of Brokenness (italicized) four times, and it is simply stunning. The soft piano fades in and out, and just when you think the CD has stopped playing you hear soft notes in the background. There is no crescendo, no beginning, and no end, it defies linearity in both context and execution. I tried to sound like a pitchfork reviewer right there. How'd I do? I haven't been able to listen to it on my headphones cuz Milo ate them the night before last, but I hope to do that soon. I really can't wait to listen to it while I am driving over Snoqualmie pass.
Last night I went to the local pub The Canteburry and I was given the secret code for the secret smoking lounge. Since Seattle passed the no smoking law people have to go outside and away from the door 25 feet. They have nice outdoor chairs around the corner, but I was shivering in the frigid Northwest air so they took pity on me. Inside the indoor lounge they have pictures of the smoke cop who I'm told to avoid at all costs. Will Do!
That's all for now. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll catch it later.
Today Vivace saves the day. A lovely walk down to Broadway for a large Americano, and they were simply delightful. The man in front of me found his latte a little weak, and they were more than happy to add an additional shot gratis. I have to admit, against my better judgment I think I may like Vivace.
Yesterday I spent over an hour in the thrift store. Their prices were a little outrageous, but I did manage to slink away with a oh so fetching Dirk Bikkembergs jacket for 7 dollars. Rubes.
I also picked up another item I have been eyeing for quite some time, and would never have been able to find in Los Angeles. William Basinski's Garden Of Brokenness. I would really like to italicize some of this, but again my mac doesn't understand Windows APIs or whatever. I have listened to The Garden Of Brokenness (italicized) four times, and it is simply stunning. The soft piano fades in and out, and just when you think the CD has stopped playing you hear soft notes in the background. There is no crescendo, no beginning, and no end, it defies linearity in both context and execution. I tried to sound like a pitchfork reviewer right there. How'd I do? I haven't been able to listen to it on my headphones cuz Milo ate them the night before last, but I hope to do that soon. I really can't wait to listen to it while I am driving over Snoqualmie pass.
Last night I went to the local pub The Canteburry and I was given the secret code for the secret smoking lounge. Since Seattle passed the no smoking law people have to go outside and away from the door 25 feet. They have nice outdoor chairs around the corner, but I was shivering in the frigid Northwest air so they took pity on me. Inside the indoor lounge they have pictures of the smoke cop who I'm told to avoid at all costs. Will Do!
That's all for now. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll catch it later.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home