What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Waving Goodbye To The Normal Moments.



There isn't enough patience in me at the moment to even get into what is happening at my residence, but suffice to say it is fucked the up in extra ways. The ride to work today on the other hand was just more of the same. I was telling the ladies at my new office downtown that crazy follows me around this town like stink on shit and this morning did not disappoint in the slightest.

This morning there was an angry gnarly-haired black man on the bus and he was rocking his Tourette Syndrome or something because he was just shouting at these two women up at the front and this is one of those merciful moments when the crazy doesn't creep toward the back of the bus, but stays up around the disabled and elderly folk where that shit belongs. He was baring his teeth like a wild animal and I thought well shit this is actually new, something even I haven't seen before. A grown-ass man with rabies.

I then had to board the Purple Line to downtown and I took up position at the very end of one of the carriages because I have learned from experience hard won to position oneself (just like the back of the bus) where you can keep an eye on all the crazy at one time. You don't want that shit creeping up behind you. Well because it's me and life this lanky gentleman with wild bushy hair with detritus hanging from the periphery plops down in the seat in front of me and proceeds to hack something up from the depths of somewhere I scarcely thought could exist up into his throat, and he does this repeatedly, and I am about to ask him what brand of fucked-up-bullshit-problem was his on this particular morning, but I just went about reading my Regency history book to the soundtrack of  end-stage emphysema.

Now I'm in the office listening to two grown-up attorneys discuss the difference between a shiv and a shank comforted in the knowledge that I am safely cocooned in a constellation of hipster bars which are quite simply in the words of her gracious Majesty Elizabeth II my strength and stay in these trying days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home