What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Always Regarded As An Upset.




This morning some doughy-faced, lumpy-haired, yet mercifully well-scrubbed migrant reclined on me the entire duration of the clickety-clackety peasant barge of shame to the Westside. One could hardly blame him. He was probably shuttling between his seventh and eighth  job, weary from overwork, exhaustion, bad sex and trying desperately to support his three wives and 47 anchor babies. Actually that is not true and completely racist, but I really can’t help trying to invent backstories for some of the characters I come across on the Metro. Some of them don’t allow you that luxury, sadly. They leave nothing to the imagination and throw it all out there, and bless them. So much better than those serial Uberers and Lyfters which I was in such danger of becoming with all their airs, graces, and detached vacant smartphone enthrallment. Bitches on this am ride catch up on their zz's.
Yesterday there was some bright-eyed young thing on the afternoon Metro wearing a smart Eataly polo shirt and I could only assume he works there because if that place has its own line of clothing then that is some seriously over there bullshit. I really wanted to ask him what it was like in the shop since Christ knows I’ll never be seen in that place. Shopping for artisanal cheese, charcuterie and seasonal truffle oils? Please. Some places are finished before they even start. I’ll make do with Instagram and memories of DeLaurenti thanks all the same.
I think I may have up and committed myself to a month of straight-long drama and-a-half which is to say I gave notice on my flat and now have to find a new flat. I think I actually found one so there is that part hopefully done, but then of course there is the torture of moving all my possessions across town and learning a new neighborhood and commute and all that whatever. 
There is the line from the best move ever Dune ‘Change, it jars something deep inside us. Allowing us to grow.’ And that along with case after case of PBR always manages to get me through these bumps in the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home