What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

For Questions Of The Uncategorized Variety.




I had to return to Los Angeles, and it was an event that warrants mentioning. The Uber driver could not have been any more flummoxed and his brief couldn't have been more simple. Drive me from Ballard to SeaTac airport. Hardly an exotic request I would think, but the associated drama that ensued became just another echo of why the fuck I don't live in that mother fucking city. I mean honestly. All I am trying to do is get to the Goddamned motherfucking airport. It shouldn't require conferencing and stress on my part, but there you are. He was from Somalia and there's no reason I should even know that since the more pressing issue was always what direction we were driving.

The DMV, which was the nucleus of my entire trip, ironically, was nothing less than a wasteland of human desperation and longing. I started off by standing in a sun drenched line that stretched for what seemed like miles and miles. As soon as I was at last standing in a mercifully placed sliver or shade I was informed that since I had an appointment I didn't need to stand in line with these fucking umbrella holding losers. Live and learn.

While keeping up with errands driving on the Metro I am positively drowning in classy. One woman knocked over a wastebasket that was affixed to the motherfucking wall with metal screws just to extract a single aluminum can. She bangs the can on a safety railing to eject the remaining liquid matter before adding it to her collection of hard won scavengings. Everyone is going about their business like it is entirely normal because it is entirely normal for here.

I am on a conference call with "The San Francisco Team" at this very moment and the level of tetchy defensiveness is palpable and we aren't even Face timing. I am now on mute and getting high because I just can't even. There is no reason for this level of hostility over a conference call. Over litigation. Over anything. I mean really. I quite nearly unmute myself to remind them that I am real. I am present, and they are almost being profane bringing this level of discord to my life.

Everyone, and by everyone I mean Wendy  has so much experience and would prefer to do things a certain way and the way Wendy did it before is really better and Wendy is letting everyone know about it and the smarty pants over-exertions have made me throw off the earbuds no less than thrice because honestly I can't even be doing it.

I still haven't eaten. This call needs to end. Not a single subject that has been raised could matter even less and my hopes for humanity fade so softly with every up-talking vocal fry question Wendy lobs to someone who honestly has, you know what, I'm just going to read my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home