You Bring The Thunder. We Bring The Noise.
I woke up at 3 AM as usual. The cat was screaming. I look up and he is sitting next to his straw. This must be the time to play. "How thoroughly inappropriate" I mutter to the creature and I know he knows what I mean, and I fall back asleep easily.
It is now 4 A.M. and I am awake again. The cat screams, the cat is standing in the same place by the bed, the straw is still there, I wake up, grab the straw, move it this way and that, watch kitty pounce for it, carefully mind that hands are not lashed by 2 inch razor sharp claws, then throw the straw out the door of the bedroom, kitty chases after and I find my headphones and chill until shower time.
The walk to work, and I see the following: a solitary child's shoe lying on the sidewalk probably a Mary Jane, but I'd have to look that up, a blacked out white conversion van with tin foil extended over the interior of the three non-blacked out windows, further down is a teddy bear strewn, lifeless and limp, up above is an LAPD helicopter who seems to actually be interested in what I'm doing 2 blocks from my own residence walking towards a Metro Station. At the Metro station there is a cockroach so large I honest to God fear for the future of humanity.
In the Metro station there is, predictably, a spastic dude trying to get some one's attention, any one's attention, the type-A chick, hair still wet, who can't possibly let herself be the second person on the bus, even if the first is in a wheelchair or elderly, and who convinces herself she can fuck any hot dude she wants to, the stench of piss, and I've brought the Chanel.
Once downtown I pop into Starbucks, the one totally out of my way, but which nonetheless is less fucked up than all the rest, and they are out of ice. "Waiting for a delivery". Damn, I head to the Starbucks that is actually in my building, and they have ice, but haven't cleaned their machines because they assume that all the ass-wits who came before me can't taste the mineral sludge over the caramel goo in their early onset diabetes smoothies, and they are of course right. I consider unloading on the clueless bitch, but think better of it since I myself tore my apartment apart for 10 minutes looking for my wallet before realizing it was already packed in my tote. #wakeandbake #centeringmychi

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home