Forever, Always, And Quite Beyond My Control.
Week with a break in the middle is pretty epic. I woke up on the Fourth of July and all I could think of was Chanel. I found a gift card in a drawer and made my way to Sephora. Hollywood & Highland clusterfuck. Lots of people wearing beachwear in the middle of a city for no good reason, stopping to take in the sights (A Gap & Sephora) in the most inconvenient places. We went, we acquired, we bailed.
There was an episode at the FedExKinkos. One day it may wash away.
Weekend otherwise started with a tour of the Hollyhock house at the Barnsdall Art Park. Midway through I was tempted to ask if I was the only one who thought Frank Lloyd Wright was the most monumentally overrated architect of the 20th Century, but I thought better of it. It would have mostly been for the benefit of the self-consciously white dude who fingered his goatee while discussing the other Wright houses he had visited.
Trip to Malibu where I had too much sun and I discovered the Ron Herman Man store is no more, and there are a fading number of reasons to go to the Colony. Went to Burbank on the way back and that was bizarre to say the least.
I hit the Los Angeles Flea Market for the first time and there was an endless array of antique furniture which had been absolutely ruined by self-anointed hipsters. Like why don’t we take a scalloped top table and paint it something funky. Like Gold! What the hell did that poor table ever do to deserve this. The whole thing was a little depressing. Like going to the animal rescue. So many decent pieces of furniture needing work it all seemed hopeless. The selection of mid-century Danish modern Wallpapery looking furniture was predictably vast and overpriced.
Santa Monica is a retail stain. I bought a massage bar & some vegan hair goo from Lush which I'm grooving on. I'm not sure how the farm animals at work are taking it as it smells nothing like a breakfast burrito. On that note, I'm no less than 45 minutes into overhearing a breathless conversation about the best places for ethnic food on the westside. They're an inspiration.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home