What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, October 28, 2011

Still Dreaming in Apocalypse.





My brief transatlantic adventure has come to an all too quick end, but it really does feel like ages since I was back home. If that makes any sense. No one is more shocked than myself that I actually up and went and did it all by my lonesome, but then, how else would it have happened. I can't imagine anyone following me around Windsor and London enduring all the little daubs and curios that unfailingly stopped me dead in my tracks. This way I get the experience and I am able to maintain all my healthy relationships.

One thing that struck me, and it is a stretch to say it struck me, but after returning from a country that is altogether bedecked in quilted Barbour and brogues I really can't deny anymore that the whole British heritage look I've been quietly championing has been well and truly dog-piled to death.* I could heap blame, scorn & thoughtful ridicule at a whole passel of places, but I think that would be a bit too easy and predictable. I'm just going to lay off it for a couple seasons, and maybe also be a little subtle about it. The tattersall is still thankfully unmolested so I still have my collection of Purdey shirts which aren't altogether useless. But for how long? Well moments maybe, but in Los Angeles that can be a lifetime. Chin Chin.
__________________________________________________

* When there is very little in a shop like Topman that doesn't have faux leather elbows and shoulder patches you really should take a step back.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    God. I'm so happy for you. Sounds like it was just splendiferous.

    jw

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home