What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, October 17, 2011

Always Sooner Than You Think





I think it goes without saying that I'm not overwhelmingly enthused about online retail. The idea of pointing, clicking & buying has always struck me as being a little too democratic. When something is available to everyone the appeal is lost a little. RRL recently tanked it by adding an online store, and that was a little baffling.

That being said I was more than thrilled to learn that British luxury retailer Asprey would be opening on online shop this fall. The vehicular acrobatics required to get into the Beverly Hills Hotel where our local Asprey store is located is quite beyond compare. Even for LA. And the shop itself is the size of a small dressing room which I think is a perfect size for a shop. You can't walk in, but are buzzed in, presumably when it's been determined you can afford to shop there (which I can't, but I generally go with people who can) and once inside it's pretty much what a personal shopping experience is all about. British retail is like that I find. American, well, I hear they are just ripping when it comes to steak houses and craft stores.

So you can imagine I was just fit to be tied when I discovered as I poked around on the Internet all weekend that the shop is now fully armed and operational. They even have a twitter account. Lovely little jewelry boxes and daubs and bibelots and I haven't even tried their fragrance although it is doubtful I will, but who knows. Holidays are approaching, and don't let me scare you, they seriously have gorgeous things in every price range. See for yourself!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home