What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

We Decide The Significance.



I don't think I could have done anything stupider this morning. Or could I? Raining kittens I tell you, but I needed to get some cash and I had a horrible craving for iced coffee so I was determined and apparently quite reckless. After I snagged the cheddar I thought there would be no harm in just crossing the street to the coffee shop. Raining kittens as I said and I just didn't see the need to walk down the block to the crosswalk. I am ordinarily quite scrupulous about cross walks and jay-walking often standing there in front of a blinking red hand smugly sneering at the thoughtless lemmings that can't help themselves but follow the lead of some vacant rule breaker. Not a care in the world over what Kant might say.

Well I'm halfway across 15th Avenue clutching my umbrella in my hand since it's obviously not raining hard enough for the umbrella I start to think that there is no reason in the world why I couldn't have just walked down to the crosswalk and that's when I notice two Seattle PD Cruisers parked in front of Victrola.

"How typical." I say out-loud but hopefully not too loud as I walk inside and notice two burly po-pos sitting at a table with their coffee looking all hot n' stuff in their fitted navy and gray uniforms and I think how naughty I have just been, then immediately feel quite deflated when I realize they couldn't have possibly seen my misdemeanor from where they were sitting, and it's all just the fates are against me from then on. I couldn't stop flirting with the real cute one thought. He was just too precious for words.



I was the last in a string of 4 orders and the lady totally forgot to make my drink, and I sat their reading my cheesy English mystery novel wondering if I should tell her, and I let it slide since she was having a nice convo with the cute-ish barista, but then I just thought this is quite ridiculous and I refuse to miss my bus. I stood up waving the fresh orange umbrella Compadre snagged for me at an Hermes opening and said quite loudly "Hey! What about my drink?"

She was stunned, apologetic, and I just laughed and said I felt quite the same way. She was nice and gave me a coupon for a free drink. I tried to refuse, but she insisted. Such a dear.

After I got off the bus by my work I popped into another shop and bought a Balance Bar, some keebler snack packs and Cheese-Its. I know. My change was $6.66 and everyone in the store made a fuss. Again. Typical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home