Mystified At The Uselessness.

Safeway can seriously kiss my ass. And I'm not even talking about the ponderous wait in line where I honestly thought I might expire. Where the gym bound twit at the front on the line substituted shopping for a personal life, hugged it out with the cashier then made plans for dinner next Thursday. Or the leathery emaciated thing in True Religion jeans of all things in front of me couldn't count and certainly couldn't moisturize to save her life. We were standing in the 15 item or less Express Line and she's standing there holding a basket of 20+ items. Fucking cow.
But whatever I finally make it home to my baseball, get lazy as Bones approaches and want to pop in one of my frozen dinners. Cheese Enchilla with Suiza Sauce. Originally stoked with the selection I peruse the ingredients and listed way way down on the list of ingredients is Chicken, then after another 7 ingredients Chicken Fat. WTF is chicken (microscopic amounts at that) doing in a Cheese Enchillada? Slightly less chicken fat than sodium benzoate. Which I guess is good cuz along with your beta 3s you gotta have your sodium benzoate?
Admittedly the package did not say "vegetarian", but neither did the pesto cheese tortellini meal which contained no trace amounts of mystery meat.
I won't even get into the paper shopping bags. The handle-less paper shopping bags and no I'm not joking handle-less. Or the pouting security officer standing imperiously at the front of the store. Luckily the evening was capped off with baseball, The Tudors and Bones!

Picture sucks, but trust me the circled words are "chicken" and "chicken fat".
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home