What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, April 26, 2010

Trying To Avoid Introspection.



Went to Ballard of all places this weekend which is a place I try to avoid. Avoid like the dentist. Pony's birthday at a Thai joint called ThaiKu. Cute I know. Adorable nick-nacks and curios all over the place. It was hard to take everything in. Ordered my usual even though I told myself to be daring. Sat next to an dreamy pretty boy for the entire meal and managed not to embarrass myself. I think.

After that hit this place called BalMar. An appalling spectacle of Seattle Z-Listers acting like their lives are one big episode of Entrourage. Probably one of the better shows in town and seeing as I just gave up Netflix it wasn't bad for a cheap thrill. The way people made their entrances was absolutely precious with the struts, head jerks, hair flips & one mustn't fail to mention strategic lip pursings. At one point I thought I was suppose to clap, but realized I was probably a little drunk.

There is also a staircase showing off Seattle scenester's penchant for denim you didn't think people cared about anymore. Saw my first pair of True Religions in about 3 years. Drinks are pricey but not Weho pricey, strong but not gay bar strong, tattoos were everywhere and incorporating obscure film references. I'm thrilled to know how much it costs to take a cab from Ballard back to my place. Hopefully will never have to do it again, but knowledge is mother fucking power in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home