It Would Be Wise To Ignore.

I arrived at the office around 6:00 am, and the entire place smelled foul. I have no idea what these animals do every day after I leave promptly at 2:30, but something deep inside that I dare not look at or acknowledge tells me it's unnatural. One of the more ample carbies has litter strewn about his desk, and then another surface. Behavior not unlike a diseased squirrel. They bathe in the lavatories here. And not in the way of an i-D photo spread, but more like Rome, with less fountains. It's a ghastly place to work.
____________________________________________
Accountants are by and large pack animals. Slightly under evolved in most practical ways, but useful and perhaps even necessary in a small spectrum of areas. They fulfill their role in society dutifully and for the most part without much complaint. It is, however, when they go to lunch that they really take their passive aggressive claws out on an uncaring and ambivalent world. The accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper in the California Plaza are particularly troublesome. Their groups strut, dive bomb, cascade, and thunder in unison in an almost weird indiscernible path. Groups of 11 or 9, but almost always a prime number. Together and with their intractable one-dimensional minds and a healthy smattering of charcoal viscose they make up a force of nature. I'm almost surprised that buildings aren't compelled to get out of their way such is their force. The words "pardon me" or "excuse" or even "coming though" never enter into their 87 word sub-mammalian vocabulary. I observe them and am always half expecting them to sniff one another's asses,
"Did you find dim sum downtown?"
"I think I read something on Chowhound, but I can't be sure."
"You cad!"
___________________________________________
My adventures with Lucia continue. The bounty of Lucia's inheritance is quickly being spread to all corners of Riseholm. Number 25 Brompton Square perhaps the pearls, but # 25 is just right across from her nemesis Olga Bracely's seasonal home. What to do? Lucia finds crosswords imbecilic which was a surprise to me. I love doing the crossword. I used to have them delivered, but then they stopped coming. Luckily I found an entire drawer full in my kitchen last night. You can find the neatest things in your kitchen if you just look.
2 Comments:
At 5:20 PM ,
//JRB:j said...
9 is not a prime number.
At 6:21 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I am a building plans examiner. There is a formula that is very complicated that deals specifically with the force of a group of accountants on a structure. It is a very complicatedformulathatisknownonly tosenoirengineers but reinforces your observations.
I am not an engineer butI AM a high school graduate. I have to keep telling my many supervisors at work that every day. God I hate working for a living!
Dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home