Talking About Ways And Means.
So I was reading somewhere that David Beckham is honoured to be a gay icon. Of course we all know that he wasn't voted top gay icon, but second top gay icon, but apparently close means something in horseshoes, hand grenades, soccer, and the gay. Ben Cohen was voted top gay icon as I believe I've already mentioned and of course it makes complete sense on a properly ordered gay unicorn planet. Someone should tell David Beckham that being a tireless metrosexual isn't entirely the same thing as being a queer icon. I don't think Ben Cohen would be caught dead wearing Roberto Cavalli jeans or anything else with the phrase 8% elastane on the label. And I won't even bring up the sweater dresses. And shaking your naked ass across the pages of W Magazine doesn't really do it either. If that were the case then Brad Pitt would have been voted top icon three of the last 9 years and I simply have no recollection of seeing that memo. But it can't be all David Beckham's fault. I mean a lot of people must have voted for him in order for him to get second place, so the only explanation is that most of the people surveyed probably don't know what icon means, and I guess since we're on the subject those same people can't even spell Derek Jeter.___________________________________________________
So if you are in the mood for some spensive fug, have absolutely no class, and you happen to live anywhere besides the United States then oh my God how much your day is going to suck less when you realize that Prada has opened an online store for everywhere besides the United States. We really should thank them for that.
Something else I suppose you can only buy in the United Kingdom is this absolutely hideous Kaws x Comme Des Garcons wallet. Now I love me my Comme des Garcons wallets I surely do, but I sincerely think Comme des Garcons has to stop this colab bullshit. I mean it was nice what they've done, but you know I'm kinda colabbed out for the moment, and when someone happens to mention Kaws I just think to myself "Get a fucking clue you retarded douche lick, and if you get a sec could you just turn down Lil' Wayne because I really do like to hear it when I'm slapping the shit out of someone."
This morning was one of those mornings when I got all the way to the train station before I realized I had left the majority of my existence back in my living room. It actually worked out rather well though. I'm not sure if most people in Los Angeles are ready for a homosexual in a hunting vest walking down Santa Monica Boulevard so a select few of them were treated to this morning's double feature. Hunting is the new couture after all. And you say street, and I say subsistence income with a magazine subscription.
2 Comments:
At 6:31 PM ,
Anonymous said...
couldn't agree more on all these carefully divided sections.
that ben is a h-o-t-t,i.e. ...down with prada... and it's nice to see you are still as hapless as you've always been. i just hope some of that gear had reflective tags on it.
happy new year.
At 7:29 PM ,
Anonymous said...
This blog is too early for me!
Dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home