It's The Music I Walk To Sister.

I really wasn't expecting to come back to work after my break. I was planning on just extending my break a wee bit and picking up this employment business sometime at the end of summer, but as I was collapsed on my sofa on Monday I called into work and they informed me that I should come in so here I am. And not a moment too late. I even cleared out my desk and everything, but I understand that was simply in vain.
It is nice being back in a place with a somewhat rational weather system, although my last two days in Seattle were miraculous. Pike Place Market, Barney's some place called Office Depot, sumptuous dinners ala Compadre, the worst game of pool in my life ala Compadre, brief jaunt to West Seattle, Oysters by the bucket ala Anonymous Dan, Chanel, Chanel, Chanel, Cougar Gold and by extension the Cougar Gift Shop. All in all I exhausted myself a bit too much to have a bona fide panic attack as I was boarding the plane, but that's probably neither here nor there. Oh, and there was over 10 inches of snow in Idaho, and I was able to tool around in a four wheel drive forever redefining the definition of butch.
I did have some dreadful experiences in the airports, and I was going to blog about it, but as I reviewed the notes I drafted at 24,000 feet I kinda figured some people may have a problem with 3 and half page paragraphs. We'll just save those for the book.
I picked up The Field and Clientele at Easy Street Records, but honestly it's Rule Britannia that is getting me through the day. But no lie, The Field deserves its place on all those "Best Of" lists of 2007. I tried to peak at the news and gossip of the world, but all I could really make out is that gloves are the new denim, and that hunting is the new couture. I certainly didn't need the internet to tell me that.
4 Comments:
At 10:45 PM ,
Anonymous said...
hello again.
At 2:12 PM ,
//JRB:j said...
Hello muffin. Thanks for stopping by.
At 2:17 PM ,
Rotten Little Pony said...
can we please try to see each other more often this year? i'll be in seattle the last week of Feb. of course, i'll be taking a bar exam for a few hours of the day mid-week, but I expect I will be available before and after that.
At 2:56 PM ,
//JRB:j said...
Well I certainly hope we don't have to wait til February.
"for a few hours of the day mid-week."
That's cute.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home