What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Now Is Really Not The Time.


God bless the United Kingdom. I mean seriously! Mince pies, jurisprudence, John Locke and Steven Hawking just weren't enough. Yesterday was a slow day and I was flipping through some papers trying not to get taco time on any of the precious documents when I clicked on a link to a blog that had oh my. It seems I unwittingly stumbled upon another British sports figure to obsess over. His name is Ben Cohen, and he plays rugby. Which I think is a lot like our American football just with more skin, less padding and nowhere near as boring. Although everyone I've asked has told me in unqualified terms that he's not as cute as Derek, I've just taken to responding, "Well duh, but still. Still!" Mr. Cohen seems like a really nice guy that appreciates his gay fans. He will be featured in an upcoming issue of Gay Times, and will also be holding a Gay Night Celebration in London this March. Upon reading that it took me 2 minutes and one phone call to clear my schedule in March. There's also a calendar.

This is just too precious. A team of South Korean scientists have cloned kittens that glow in the dark. Why would anyone need a glow-in-the-dark kitten one may ask, however, I can think of many reasons a glow-in-the-dark cat would come in handy. Easier to see if they are crossing the street, functions as a night light and your best quadruped friend, can totally freak out dogs, and apparently they may be able to help cure disease, although that implies animal experimentation which we in no way shape or form support.

And I've been waiting for a long time for someone official to come up with this one. An Australian obstetrician has recently written a paper proposing a tax on breeders. Specifically, it proposes a tax on any children a couple have in excess of two. Although a "theoretical exercise" it intends to offer some insight into the impact population growth has on the environment generally, and climate change specifically. Although hardly a new idea (The environmental impact of breeders has been widely known for some time) the idea has undoubtedly ruffled some feathers. I certainly don't know why. I think I've said it before, but just to put it another way here goes. The future looks a whole lot like a world full of homosexual clones, glow-in-the-dark kittens, and naked rugby matches. End quote.
______________________________________________

Some report is supposedly being posted on the internet the drags up some old dirt regarding drug use in Major League Baseball. The obtusely named Mitchell Report will be published and promises to expose a "serious drug culture within baseball, from top to bottom." Oh please yawn. I mean I like how the teaser makes reference to both top and bottom I mean that's kinda cute, but this Mitchell Report is going to have to include some seriously scandalous drama for me to even take notice. I don't necessarily need pictures of RoRo doing lines of coke off Derek's ass, but something, anything other than a couple of injections of growth hormone back in 2003. Honestly don't care. I don't think I ever did.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger phases said...

    this is your best post in ages. first off. that sport....rugby.....is pretty much the only awesome sport around. much better than anything else. so you should like it. that guy....is better looking than the guy you always blog about. glow in the dark cats are the shit. a tax on us breeders makes total sense. but who gives a fuck about baseball drugs?

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger phases said...

    oh, and i have used a few of your links on your page to buy christmas shit. i like the gloves on that blackbird one. toodles

     
  • At 2:24 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    I can't speak for all the shops, but I've had positive experiences with many of them. Blackbird included.

    I can say that you should not order from Barneys or CoOp unless all other retail establishments have been decimated in thermonuclear war. Unless you dig being surprised by something you didn't order in a heifer's size. Then they can totally hook you up.

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glo-in-the-dark is perfect (give me credit for not saying puuufect).I could see them throw up in the middle of the night and know where it is so I wouldn't have to step in it in the morning!
    Next time you link to a cute rugby player please go right to the money shots so I don't have to plow through a lot of bio crap :)
    XXOO Dan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home