Around My Neck Sincere.

Oh My God! I found this new website that has all sorts of cute pics of Derek and RoRo and chunky monkey* and I was in like the best of moods yesterday. Some of the photographs are quite simply gorgeous, and I'll be posting them randomly here and there. I'll try to attribute the photographs where I can, but you'd be better off just going to daylife.com since it's like the next google.
Georgie has finalized his deal with the Yankees making him the highest paid catcher in baseball which is of course as it should be. Although I was troubled by rumors that the Yankees may be looking to "shop" Johnny Damon. That would be too insane to believe. The Yankees are currently discussing Johan Santana with the Twins, and Georgie thinks it's a good idea.
Yet oddly enough all is not well with things. Morrissey is suing the British music rag that brought you the Arctic Monkeys the NME over an interview appearing to place the author of Mexico and Slum Mums in a racist light. Wow. Way to go with that. An article that essentially has the by line of anonymous because no one would take credit for the self serving fabrication. Given what I know about libel laws in the United Kingdom I'd say the NME is fucked. But given Morrissey's history with the British legal system who can be sure. But the NME does have a pathological history of assaulting Morrissey with these silly insinuations. And they gave you the Arctic Monkeys so they should just go the fuck away for that and just leave it there.
The funniest thing is how most American outlets are only reporting the article, and not the suing over the article, and the original author wanting his name removed due to excessive "rewording". On a positive note, the Polydor/Decca deal we mentioned yesterday extends to the United States as well so your next purchase of Morrissey should be quite affordable.
_____________________________________________
Northern European somewhere super-rad designers Viktor & Rolf are teaming up with luggage luminary Samsonite to create a line of luggage in the shape of violins and tennis rackets and other absurdities. I hope they make one in the shape of a cricket bat for Freddie Flinthoff. Even though colabs are the next nothing, I have to say that this is much more reassuring than Comme des Garcons' colab with the neo-tragic Chrome Hearts. I really can't stand Chrome Hearts. But I really can't stand Fred Perry and for people that actually know me they find that quite odd.
_____________________________________________
* David Wright
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home