It's Found In The Contours.

My holiday began by staring in the face of 4 curious raccoons. They had taken up temporary residence in our courtyard and were making plans to cross the street. I thought it would be best to let them get to it so I took the side entrance. The rest of the weekend was refreshingly devoid of wildlife save the one spanger that came into the coffee house and demanded 70 cents for coffee. I told the imp that she was really bothering us, and she should be gone. The staff managed to push her out the doors. I assume if they weren't so busy they would have taken her behind the shop and beaten her to death with her own cruddy boot. Priorities I suppose.
The weather in the Northwest was exciting to say the least. We were without power for nearly 2 hours along with 11,000 other homes in what has quickly become known as the great November Storm of 2007. Fancy. Once power was restored I could get along with the unexpected. I did two things I haven't done in a great while. I went to Ballard and Bellevue. I can't say I enjoyed either place. Bellevue was isolated and sterile. Ballard was isolated and crunchy. On the way back to Capitol Hill from Ballard no fewer than 2 people "got the finger". It really is a trial sometimes just leaving your house.
On Tuesday the people at the airline had it in their mind to put me on a flight that got into LA around 1 in the morning. I informed them that that would simply not happen in this current universe that we occupy. I took a morning flight and went back home and enjoyed the hospitality of Anonymous D for one additional evening. Quite fancy. I had to read Complex magazine on the plane, and it was altogether agonizing. It was worse than reading Details. Mark Ecko is such an enormous douche. Let me just say this once. Street kids have no inherent sense of style. The only thing they do is steal shit from people they used to make fun of until one of their "bros" called them on that shit, and thought maybe lavender kicks is where it's at. So tedious and the fact that it's on purpose makes it hilarious. "Yeah bitch, you wanna talk about thread counts, or maybe we can discuss that hideous thing on your head with a lopsided Yankees logo." Ooh so trill.
I got back into LA yesterday afternoon absolutely shaking my head in pain after reading an article on buffalo plaid, worked for a few/several hours, and then enjoyed a movie with Compadre. I got the impression over the weekend that Compadre would like to be known as Papi 23, but I'll just have to see about that.
I guess everyone has heard that RoRo may be staying with the Yankees and if he does then of course he stays RoRo and not some random dude in a less attractive uniform standing next to a less attractive shortstop playing in a rather unbecoming stadium somewhere insane. I haven't taken my RoRo baseball card out of the cupboard of shame just yet, but I have made some space available on my desk should things go the way they ought to go in a properly ordered universe.
1 Comments:
At 7:07 PM ,
Anonymous said...
You are such a RoRo Ho Ho Ho! Merry christmas! Oops, hope I didn't offend any of you girls out there!
Dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home