Thanks For The Divide.

From where I'm sitting it looks like the cricketing world is being wracked with controversy. I like saying the "cricketing world" because it sounds an awful lot like the "wizarding world" and thanks to Ms. Rowling they both generally refer to England. As Freddie Flintoff recovers in the United States following his fourth ankle surgery his BFF Steve Harmison comes to his defense following the England coach Duncan Fletcher's allegation that Freddie showed up drunk to practice at an Australian match last winter. And the real point of possibly the longest sentence I have ever written is Harmison's claim that Fletcher broke an unwritten code of "what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room." I guess they call them dressing rooms in cricket. Just let the image wash over you. That's what I like to do.
___________________________________________
Something that is not so attractive to visualize is the security guard lady at my work that may or may not have a crush on me. It started out innocently with a comment here and a comment there. Then it moved to her recommending lunch spots for me, and before I knew it I was buying her a chocolate bar, and she was making me a mixed CD. I asked Compadre for advice since he has a lot of experience with girls wanting to get all over his shit, and I kid you not this is what he said:
"Do you think she likes you in the biblical sense or in the I wanna fuck you sense?"
"Well I don't think it's in the biblical sense."
"So she thinks your straight?"
"Apparently."
"Does she have fetal alcohol disease?"
Pause.
"It's a legitimate question."
Well seeing as the heterocentric assumption is in full force, still, here in what 2007, and seeing as Compadre is of little help, I've decided that I must from this day forward make a concerted effort to no longer work here. It really is the only way.
___________________________________________
I had my phone interview with that firm in Seattle, and I go in to speak with the head of the department on Tuesday. I don't have high hopes. Or any hopes for that matter. The questions she asked me, and the way she asked them, and Jesus, even the order in which she asked them suggests that she seriously considers their firm the hub of the freakin' universe. You get that a lot in Seattle firms. Everything is "high profile this" and "high profile that" and "do you know who my client is?" But, like I always say, it's just so hard to build a bigger pond. And let's face it, these people are making my life real torture.
Like take this example: Some douche whom I've written about before (but not the Darkness) has been hounding me and anyone else that will listen for work. Well we finally get some work and he doesn't want to do it. I guess when he was bothering people about work what he meant to say was that he would like to sit around and watch paint dry or in the alternative do some really easy work. They really should start paying people to sit around and watch paint dry because there is a substantial portion of the population that is seriously incapable of doing anything but.
____________________________________________
But not everything is despair and lameness. My barista who is always very complimentary towards my shoes will be having an art show beginning this Saturday the 10th at Han Cholo. For those of you unfamiliar with Han Cholo there is a link on the right, and it's been there for some time now. The show will include "hand painted flags n' shit". You can get a load of some of Billie Stone's work here. I of course will not be here for the opening, but I plan to go see the show as soon as I get back. And as a side note, Compadre just bought me a Han Cholo shirt and it looks just like a Kraftwerk album cover. So fresh I could piss.
2 Comments:
At 6:59 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I always thought the biblical sense and the I want to fuck you senes were the same thing.
Dan
At 10:07 PM ,
Anonymous said...
The quote really was "In the biblical sense; like she wants to fuck you?"
I think the bitch is straight-up crazy! Make her a mix cd with some "Blanc mage" on it...That should do the trick...
compadre
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home