Batch 59 Only.
Joe Torre formally announced that he will be managing the Los Angeles Dodgers next year. Just 5 miles from my house. Of course it probably won't be my house next year so it doesn't really mean anything, but hey, who knows. Don Mattingly and Larry Bowa will be coming along with Torre and where this leaves the Yankee's coaching staff is anyone's guess.The Yankees are saying that Alex Rodriguez demanded a $350 million contract minimum to even come to the table. Scott Boras may be out of his mind or he may be a genius I suppose time will tell, but one thing that people are talking about is how thin the potential field of candidates is. Not too many teams have that kind of money, and the ones that can muster it up may not necessarily need a debutante shortstop that in the final analysis isn't really as cute as Derek.
I'm feeling guarded today.
______________________________________________
Anyone that spends any amount of time with me will eventually come to recognize that I covet all things YvesSaintLaurent. It is in a way the new Hermes, which of course was the old Chanel. And there was nothing before Chanel. Literally. If you want to think about it in terms of like the big bang and stuff. Finding a niche over at YSL has been proving a little harder than one would expect especially in light of the inexplicable popularity of Chloe. What the hell that's all about is so far beyond me but I digress. Following the departure of Tom Ford in 2003 Stefano Pilati took over the reigns at YSL and was pilloried for his vision. Things may be changing as the brand's influence is becoming more apparent. That and people like me are starting to rock the shit non-stop whilst hissing at Louis Vuitton tragedy hags.
_______________________________________________
There is something called "hoodie culture". You may not have heard anything about it, but that doesn't make it any less real. Like extra dimensions in a way. For me the hoodie is an integral part of my wardrobe. Splitting my time between Los Angeles and Seattle I need versatile pieces that work in fast changing climes and aren't overly fussy. "Fussy is finished!" Read up a bit on this fashion staple. Right now my favorite hoodies are the Free City hoodies mainly because they smell so delicious when you first buy them, and the fact that they support artists doesn't hurt either. They are also yet to make appearances at the countless McBoutiques that litter the American landscape. And I think there kinda cute. So lots of reasons essentially. Compadre will not countenance another trip out to Malibu to visit the shop so I may need to find a replacement. Or I may just need to gird my loins and muster the courage to head to the west side by myself. One thing I know is that if I do replace Free City hoodie with other hoodie, it will not be BBlessing hoodie. Dear sweet christ no.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home