It Is Never A Coincidence.

There are some things I don't think I'll ever get my head around. I read the other day that My Bloody Valentine were playing a few shows in the U.K., and this didn't strike me as altogether odd. I mean it's odd in the sense that it's not at Coachella, but every band besides the Smiths and Joy Division inevitably reform in some fashion and proceed to play their hearts out to a group of fans that end up not being as excited as they thought they would be. But this news of a new My Bloody Valentine album some 17 years after Loveless just has me in stitches. And apparently it's not going to be an all too unfortunate Radiohead affair. It will most likely be self released or something, and I'm sure those words mean a lot more to someone else. But so far I can say that I'm definitely interested, or you could even say that they had me Bloody and maybe Valentine.
__________________________________________________
Morrissey has recently signed to Polydor/Decca in the United Kingdom for his upcoming album and "Best Of" compilation. There is no word on an American deal, but I hardly think that matters. If people are willing to pay nothing for Radiohead then I'm sure they will be more than willing to spend $25 on a Morrissey album.
__________________________________________________
I was absolutely excited the other day when I received an invitation to the YvesSaintLaurent private sale. But then I realized it was a double edged sword. I seem to get all manner of things in the mail. It isn't limited to the things that I want or am expecting. For instance, it seems that I am entitled to 20% off my future purchases at a place called Blood, Bath & Beyond. They printed the coupon on a card the size of a Subaru and somehow managed to lodge it into my mailbox. For fuck's sake. The good news is that I received an email inviting me to the new YvesSaintLaurent online boutique. Yes...You heard me correctly, and no you are not hallucinating, YSL now has an online boutique where you can purchase a selection of their offerings including the Ipod Nano cases I was raving about a few days ago. Xmas shopping for me just got a whole lot easier for everyone.
__________________________________________________
Today it's going to be about clothes. Clothes clothes clothes everywhere you look some dip-shit has grabbed their friend they went to design school with and is starting a new brand. They are everywhere, indistinguishable, and all the time. And the places you can go where they are altogether willing to pimp these McBrands are endless as well. It's getting harder and harder to separate out the chaff. But I will try nonetheless. Here is an unfortunately non-inclusive list of labels you officially don't have to care about anymore:
Orthodox
Unholy Matrimony
Quentin & Claude
Obedient Sons
Ever
United Bamboo
Local Celebrity
Cheap Monday
Acne
And this Chrome Hearts x Comme des Garcons colab is perhaps the most ill conceived fug since gogurt.
No, that's not all, but you're welcome all the same.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home