What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Spectre Of The Unimaginative.


I was walking to work this morning totally minding my own business when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was a piece of Louis Vuitton fug. A silk scarf or something with the ubiquitous LV monogram all over the place. It almost looked like something that would be useful if you needed to dress a festering wound. I was shocked and I may have given out a little squeal so I did the only sensible thing one could do in such a situation. I grabbed a hankey from my purse and picked up the piece of monogrammed fabric, secured it, hopped on a train, drove several miles on the train, got off and I immediately put that tired ass piece of silk where it belongs, in the garbage. Can you imagine? I can only hope your morning is going better than mine.

On Monday Warp Records announced that Sheffield natives and glitch pioneers Autechre will be releasing a new album in early 2008. Now I think I may have bought like their last four "new albums" and I listened to each of them thoughtfully, and even enjoyed some of what I heard. But it's not something I regularly come back to, and most of the time when I do it's because I'm convinced that Outkast is lifting their beats. I know I should be wary, but I know myself too well and I will more likely than not find myself hopping down to Everyday Music for my dose of 70 minute digital malaria in three months time.

_______________________________________

So Blowhard may actually be sticking to his word and passing on Johan Santana. Although it's a lot easier to pass on someone like Santana when you have Andy Pettitte staring you in the face. And that's merely an aesthetic assessment I simply don't give a shit about metrics, and averages, or people that have played Dungeons & Dragons for the last 20 years. Except Henry Rollins. He's the most D&D obsessed mega-hooch 4-evah. I know that made very little sense, and I'm not sure it was meant to. But enough of that, TMZ.com has recently posted a scandalous article about Derek and RoRo. There is also some nice footage of Derek walking to what I would imagine is a deposition and being hounded by fans; Followed by footage of RoRo walking with a newspaper in his hand. The story implies this and insinuates that, but at the end what they actually and only establish is that drop dead gorgeous baseball players can walk upright and converse with other people. There is video of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home