We're Just Too Lazy And Refined.
Well Monday's deadline for the Twin's to accept Blowhard's ultimatum regarding the trade for Johan Santana kinda came and went with little else in the way of blustering assness from the mouth of Hank Steinbrenner. Fancy that. As you might deduce from reading this article, Blowhard has made himself quite a reputation for flip-flopping on what would otherwise - and from any other man - be quite unequivocal declarations. He even made Derek look bad when Derek noted how "true to their word" the Steinbrenner brood is. I'm seriously starting to not like these dip shits, and the more and more they insert themselves as the face of the Yankees I'm starting to dislike the whole package. Getting Johan Santana would definitely be a coup, but do they really need to ditch Melky in order to get it done. You know one name keeps coming to my mind, and it sounds a little bit like Jabba the Hut except "the Hutt" would be spelled more like Chamberlain. I'm so in the minority on this one, but I've made my case in earlier posts, and I see no reason to go over it all again.Of course the good news is that Andy Pettitte has decided to pitch next season which of course means he'll be pitching for the Yankees. Andy doesn't have Hank Steinbrenner's penchant for saying one thing while meaning the absolute opposite. Andy's gifts lie somewhere a bit more obscure, but it can be said that he does have a function in a baseball club. Unfortunately, the same things can't be said for the Steinbrenner creatures.
_________________________________________________
I was very excited when my xmas tree arrived yesterday. It's so cute! It has little pine cones all about, but is otherwise quite spartan. No silly angels or stars and no gold. I've had quite enough of gold for the time being thank you. I think I'm going to call it my winter solstice tree. Or maybe my Yule tree. That might be fun. But nothing remotely associated with that Jesus guy. He's been so overdone in tattoos he's becoming the new tribal arm band. And I'm being glib, and I really shouldn't because my feelings on this subject are more than sincere, but sometimes I hate to get all Sally Serious on everybody. The exception is this dude at work that put a mean and nasty post-it 911 note about me for all to see, but I just don't even want to get into all that. I have less than 2 weeks left with these people and all I have to do is hold my breath, float, and hope that some calamity doesn't befall me. It's often been said that one of my most charming qualities is my ability to simply ignore anything that even remotely displeases me. Like it's happening is some other space-time continuum that I'm incapable of appreciating. I'd call it a skill, but it actually takes no practice at all.
1 Comments:
At 6:03 PM ,
Anonymous said...
What could anyone have posted about you and 911. You don't look anything like a 'tarrist'!?
Dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home