Capable Of Destroying Space And Time As We Know It.

Now I'm not one for eating crow or any other type of bird for that matter, but I have to admit that I was a little surprised when the Mitchell Report came out and Andy Pettitte was featured prominently (6 places) within. If we are to believe the Mitchell Report - and on it's face there is no clear reason why we should - then our bible thumping, Christ loving, bayou baby sought out human growth hormone in order to speed up his recovery while on the DL oh God what was it, sometime in 2002 I believe. People everywhere are shocked, saddened, disillusioned and all manner of words that they themselves could never define if called upon. And not just about Andy I gather. I on the other hand am just slightly bemused. Bud Selig - a person whose function I still fail to grasp - suggests the report is a "call to action". I contrarily, would call the report a "call to have his dumb ass removed". Not that I'm at all clear why he even exists, but I'm reasonably sure he hasn't been sun-tanning in Barbados acting as commissioner to some imaginary non-steroid taking league on Planet Reebok for the past 10 years. No. His ass is flying in the wind just like the rest of theirs. But putting that aside it all remains something we'd just like to ignore.
_____________________________________________
The nominations for the Golden Globes were announced yesterday and I have to confess a slight one-dimensional interest. Many talented actors were nominated. And then George Clooney and Christina Applegate were included for some inexplicable reason. How George Clooney continues to garner recognition for playing the same lame ass furrowed brow dip-shit is beyond me. But the rundown: The Tudors was nominated which is good. BSG was not which in and of itself is quite ridiculous and independently diminishes any legitimacy the awards may have had. Two of my favorites Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton were nominated for their work in film. Jonathan Reese Myers was nominated for The Tudors which strikes me as odd as I find his portrayal of Henry VIII both petulant and annoying. And Maria Doyle Kennedy was completely ignored for her stoic work as Catherine of Aragon. Oh hell no. I'm really looking forward to the new season of The Tudors, but with the writers strike and all who knows when or if that will ever come to be. But if the Golden Globe nominations are any indication their desire not to work is probably by and large a good thing.
_____________________________________________
Our main man Morrissey will be releasing a new single That's How People Grow Up on January 28th with a Greatest Hits collection following in a week or so.

I'm on vacation as of oh I'd say around noon today. All that remains for me to do is find a suitable place in the airport bar, and then somehow shove my overstuffed bag into the overhead bin then voila! . When or if I will ever return to the gorgeous sun soaked concrete slab that is Los Angeles remains to be seen, but the safe money will be on January 1st. I only say that because I have a ticket, but having a ticket for a flight has never been much of an incentive for me to actually get on board. We shall see, but in the meantime have a nice weekend. And yes, Ben Cohen is still as delish today as he was yesterday.
2 Comments:
At 9:32 AM ,
Anonymous said...
is this a fag website
At 5:34 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I hope so. If it isn't I've been wasting my time.
Dan
PS: The Golden Girls always liked Gearge Clooney.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home