What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, January 04, 2008

Can You Feel The Impending Damnation?


The winter solstice celebration just keeps on coming. At least for me anyway. As California braces for some winter storms I thought quite realistically I had narrowly escaped, the pressies just keep rolling in to warm my cockles. Compdre swung by last night with the most glorious gift anyone could ever receive. Ever has received for that matter. A New York Yankees set of pint glasses, coasters, and this milk can thingy. Glorious! This brings my collection of pint glasses up to something like 15, and my collection of novelty glassware generally up to something like 50 hundred. It sounds like an astounding number, but I break glasses so readily I hardly even notice.

Our world was then seriously rocked as we settled down to watch a documentary on the Mormon Youth Reprogramming center Tranquility Bay. It astounded me what these children are subjected to, and the allegations raised in the documentary are absolutely shocking. One school located in Mexico is said to have been closed down by Mexican authorities for child abuse. I'm surprised something like this is allowed to go on in a Commonwealth country. Someone should write to The Queen. But the parents that were interviewed that found raising their child "All too taxing what with the 9 others" struck me as idiotic and quite simply stupid in an almost simple minded apologetic way. The solution really is to institutionalize the parents for sterilization and evaluation. At least make sure we don't have over-medicated low ball morons raising children in the snow swept fields of Utah. There are many watch-dog groups that monitor these institutions, but here is just a sample of the bizarreness. You can watch the documentary yourself here.

And while I'm being crotchety, I just want to say that the solution to all of America's woes is to tax all churches at something around say 99.5%. If their aims are as genuine as they say then they certainly don't need the money, and just think of all the bullets we could buy for our troops. But if they insist on influencing policy in America then they better start ponying up some dough to finance those policies.

I have no idea how those two things are related, but it just came to me so they must be. Eat your heart out Descartes.
_____________________________________________________


I may have mentioned that I recently had the pleasure of going to the largest REI you have ever. There was seriously enough crunch there to snap your neck. But I did take particular notice of the Arc'Teryx jackets. I really like a lot of the styling details, and the cuts, and many of the colors will just blow your mind. And subtle branding. There were no flashy North Face logos asymmetrically positioned somewhere near a shoulder blade no. Now, in the middle of what I see as only one of countless colabbing cluster-fucks, Arc'Teryx is "teaming up" with footwear peddlers Gourmet and menswear huckster Richard Kidd for a line of apparel. By apparel I'm assuming something you wear under your space station of a parka. Might be nice, but I seriously doubt any of it comes in Hunting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home