What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Thursday, January 10, 2008

If It Were Actually Nowhere.


Well I had absolutely nothing to do at work so I thought I'd run in straight away and get to it. As I think Oscar Wilde may have once said, it's really the only thing I do with any degree of skill. Unfortunately I was stuck behind this incredibly rude man the entire way from the train station and it has just put me in a terrible way. I was so mopey that I had to get back on the coffee. Local Starcocks. It was miserable. And you really can tell if someone likes to take it up the ass based on what they order at Starcocks. It's more illuminating than the Hollywood Home Depot.



I finished a rather engaging and rousing book on the Norman Conquest, and now I'm back to reading the brilliant and superficial ramblings of Lucia. I'm currently on Make Way For Lucia, and Lucia has just fallen into a good deal of inheritance, but is far far too distraught to discuss it in any depth - other than some stunning Queen Anne furniture - while dining over a fine piece of fish. These books really are charming and they take me back to a time when I didn't technically exist.

I'm currently listening to BBC World and they will not shut up about the $2,500 Tata Nano. The car is a revolution that aims to make Indians just as polluting as Americans.


Astronomers have announced that the Milky Way may contain hundreds of intermediate mass black holes. The existence of intermediate mass black holes is still theoretical, however the theoretical evidence for their existence is compelling. Whatever the hell that means. If true, these particular black holes would pose little risk to our planet as their gravitational radius is only a few hundred kilometers. Meanwhile, some other astronomers have detected the largest black hole ever measured. This particular black hole has a mass of roughly 18 billion times that of our sun. The speed with which we are hurtling through the universe is incredible.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When you are shopping look out for a T-shirt that says " Fat is the new thin". I think it would be just the ticket for me!
    Dan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home