What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Insecurity Is My Only Sustenance.

This morning was a little bit more hectic than yesterday, but all in all I think I pulled it off quite brilliantly. The only snag was that I managed to leave my lunch on my kitchen counter. Compadre, always one with a brilliant insight, suggested I go home for lunch. Yes! Perhaps just this once I shall. I mean there's one lady I work with that doesn't show up until I leave for the day. It's not like there's much in the way of rules that would prevent me from going home for the rest of the day and just saying that I was here for the entire time.

Today I went for a low rise boot-cut denim paired with a Coup De Grace deja vu' tee shirt. Easter Camo Adidas (pronounced ah-dee-dah) and YvesSaintLaurent brown leather bracelet. Classic. Lush Coconut solid shampoo massaged into scalp for 45 seconds, Loccitane lavender Le'Mere body soap applied with loofah, Demalogica face wash followed by Dermalogica firming eye cream and Baxter of California 15 SPF moisturizer followed by a whisper of Aveda moisturizing lip balm. I chose Comme des Garcon's Avignon as a fragrance to give an undertone of seriousness to my otherwise frivolous outfit. I'm sure you know what book I'm channeling. But in case anyone's wondering I left my knife at home so I couldn't stab to death a homeless person, however, there was some homeless dude sleeping on the subway stairway. I stopped and urinated on him. Smelly fuck was so out of it he didn't even notice. The fact that the surveillance cameras were on made it all the more thrilling. No need to degrade another human being if no one is watching. But no, I wasn't listening to Phil Collins when I kicked his teeth down his throat. The smooth lyrical stylings of J. Dillah did nicely if you please.

Speaking of fiction! Today I'm going to start the Mapp & Lucia trilogy. I haven't read fiction in ages (save Harry Potter). It's all been history, biography, history, history, etc. which I suppose makes me a tremendous bore. I got many books for my birthday (Thank you everybody!), and I picked up loads as well from my devoted used book seller Horizon on a recent trip to SeaWA. So exciting starting a new book. I hear my primer on theoretical physics and super gravity just arrived in the mail. Not sure when I'll manage to tackle that, but I'm looking forward to it. I have a secret gay boy crush on the author.

I started a new blog yesterday. It's not quite ready and I have a little more work to do on it so I think I'm going to go over there to work on that for a while. Maybe tomorrow. Oh before I go I'll pose this question. What kind of idiot downloads an album from itunes that they already own? It's not a riddle I say, that would be me. Oh yes. Little ol' me.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i think you actually gave me a copy of this book.

     
  • At 10:15 AM , Blogger phases said...

    now im finding myself steadily slipping into a funk of listening to cake....haze of love today.

     
  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Sounds ghastly!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home