What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, September 24, 2007

How Do The French Stay So Thin?


I bought this card yesterday. It was a mistake. The card I mean, not the purchasing of it. Someone did it as a joke or a jibe or perhaps a lark if you like. You can see Dubya in the crowd and Joe DiMaggio in the dugout. It was replaced with an official card which I also purchased from the same dude. I think I got a good deal on it, but in a sense it really doesn't matter. Ultimately what it gets me is no more excuses to go to Target. How I loathe that place! But it is, nevertheless, the only place I know of to buy baseball cards. But I couldn't just go to buy baseball cards because that would be weird. So I had to get other things just to make it seem credible. And now I have things. Things like a casserole dish. And a mixing bowl. And a DVD player that doesn't really work all that well. More importantly I have a stack of baseball cards I couldn't possibly want. You know when you buy baseball cards they don't just come with Yankees. There are other players from other teams. Some of them rather unfortunate. Well I seem to have eliminated that mess altogether. Oh yeah, Anonymous D, this card will be coming in the mail for me so do please keep an eye out for it.

I'm slightly depressed, despondent or maybe just pissed off. I work with crooks. It's really so obvious I'm not even afraid to say it. Well I work with one crook in particular. He's about 5 feet tall and presumably feels his vertical challenges entitle him to cheat people. What's more he seems to be under the impression that I don't know what he's doing. Even worse still he always says hello to me when he walks past my office thinking in quite the most delusional way that I would be seen conversing with a crook. No thank you. Now I'm beginning to think that his salutations are nothing more than an act of petty defiance. He can seriously go fuck himself though. Watching Korean television all day while I have to slog through this boring ass shit. Bollocks!

Ooh ooh! Compadre came over last night, and we listened to music, and gossiped, and drank some beers, and he made grilled cheese triangles, and then I put in a historical documentary, and he was so out of there. That was kinda nice.

I read this and I thought it was amusing. Apparently fakes are the new status symbol. Fake Louis, fake Fendi, fake Chloe, fake all of it. Some companies are bringing lawsuits in a vain attempt to cling to their relevance via exclusivity. I'm not sure though. I don't remember anything in law school about you being able to sue yourself back into being cool. But I suppose they know better.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ok, theres something you should spend your money on....now that ill be the pne telling you what to spend your money on. but baseball cards are tricky. i have a whole bunch because i thought if i bought them they would one day be worth something. and it looks like they wont be. i do have a marck mcgwire card that was from like his second year and i thought i would be rolling, its worth about 1.49. so fuck cards.

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Compadre?

    Are you referring to the portfolio under my bed in Seattle?

    There really are too many anonymouses for me to keep track of.

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

     
  • At 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i speak of all the things under your bed...............

     
  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    The only things worth mentioning generally happen on top.

     
  • At 4:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    im not anonymous. i just dont sign in because its all google dictated and its a pain just to leave a comment. so from now on you will know its jonny by the meemer meemer meemer at the end of all posts. meemer meemer meemer

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    'bout time jonny got a handle. I was gettin' tired of his horning in on my anonymous action.
    Dan
    Do you know that a lot of the keys on this toy computer I have at home are very similar to the ones I have at work?

     
  • At 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the fucking keys i have on this computer are all wrong. they look like this

    lmknjnhbg
    qwpyertoi
    vfcdxsza

    i fucking hate it

    meememr meemer meemer

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home