Driving A Car Is Serious Business

First things first. The Yankees eeked out a series win against Boston. A series I largely missed because of Mlb.tv's ridiculous blackout restrictions, but I nevertheless was able to listen, read, and divine as much as I needed to including Derek's miraculous 3 run homer, his 10th of the season, that secured the second win against Boston. The girls are leading the wild card by two and half games which is still a little too close for comfort, but I'll try to make myself comfortable simply because there is little else to be done.
As for me, I had a lovely weekend that included a treacherous drive to Malibu. Naturally there would have to be a house on the 101 freeway that fell off it's transport disabling 2 lanes of traffic which made getting out of town quite laborious. Compadre thought it would be all kinds of clever to take me up twisty Topanga Canyon roads which in the end saved us a lot of time, but ultimately scared the living frak out of me. The beach was sublime as the Condors hovered and watched us with disinterest. Compadre dove into the ocean while I would only wade up to my knees.
A visit to the Free City Supershop that I mentioned earlier was entirely underwhelming. No one in the tiny little shop would even acknowledge me let alone stoop to help me so this left me fumbling through their meticulously and dare I say preciously displayed tees and hoodies. As I destroyed their displays in search of the perfect hoodie they just stared at me coldly from behind their imposing counter. I'm over it. Later on, margaritas, vodka and our fealty to the Ultimate Fighting Championship would cap off our evening.
Yesterday I made my way to Amoeba where I picked up the new Go Team as well as Deepchord Presents Echospace. The Go Team is a satisfyingly consistent follow-up to their debut with few surprises, but enjoyable in the extreme. Chuck D makes an appearance and although he doesn't say "Fuck The PoPo" we still like. Echospace is a lovely ambient recording which is quite reminiscent of Icelandic super-gooey composer Yagya. Love it. I also managed to find Blitzen Trapper on my ipod which I have also been enjoying. Clumsy fumbling fake classic rock that gets your head a bobbin'.
I also understand that the Emmy's were on last night. However, since Maria Doyle Kennedy was not nominated for her astounding work in The Tudors we certainly could care less about the Grammy's, Emmy's, Tony's whatever the frak it is we officially don't give a fig. Maria is one of our myspace friends. Did you know? She honestly rocks our world like few others do.
This week kind of crept up on us unexpectedly and we are going to proceed with caution.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home