What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

You Will Always Be Too Late.


Absent baseball I did what seemed to be the only sensible thing. I watched Danny Boyle's Sunshine and I absolutely loved it. Actually the best sci-fi movie I've seen in a long time. It surpasses Solaris with ease even with the conspicuous absence of George Clooney's ass. It really is the kind of movie that I take a liking to. Apocalyptic, futuristic, atmospheric, and amazing music. Not for everybody I understand which is why I saw it by myself. I think I'll be going to the Battlestar Galactica convention by myself as well. Again.

I'm still the only one in the office which is nice, but my morning was replete with all the usual trials. Speed walking tweaker pushed me aside so he could sprint up the stairs unimpeded. I swear one day I'm going to smack that dude over the head with a book and wag my finger at him which I know is something only monkeys do, but he is really pushing my buttons. Someone else in the subway was shouting and hollering presumably because he is poor, disadvantaged, slightly mentally ill, and quite disconcerted by the fact that no one cares. And once at Starbuck's I had the misfortune of standing behind a woman who was sporting her best gypsy drag. For a woman like this, T.J Maxx is her very best friend. Actually they get along so famously she refers to it as Tee Jay's. Offensive. And of course she had to order drinks for her whole office whilst demonstrating her command of the English language.

"First I get a Venti Light Mocha, then I get..."

I simply wouldn't tolerate a grown woman ordering coffee in baby lingo so I left. There's more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home