What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, September 10, 2007

I Know You Tried, But You Wasted Your Time.


He said he just went down and picked one up at Penny's? That's what someone said in the elevator on Friday, and I have to confess that it was at this point that I looked for the nearest window to eject myself. The fact that elevators are rarely equipped with windows only crossed my mind later. For the best really because this weekend was really good for me, but even better for the Yankees who swept the ball clutching Royals this weekend. And RoRo? Well RoRo continues to homo his fool little head off. But I'm not gonna say anything. Derek was benched yesterday due to some fluid in his knee. Not sure what fluid in the knee means, but a little rest will hopefully do the trick.

Compadre and I watched Ultimate Fighting Champion on Saturday and God bless Ultimate Fighting Champions. I was rapt, utterly transfixed to the television screen hoping against homo-erotic hope that one of the boys would just pull down the pants of the other boy and get to it, and they came so close on several occasions, but alas, nothing. It's still quite good. You do have to learn the lingo though. I was confused when they called something the North South position when it was obvious to everyone even the daschund sitting next to me that the boys were 69ing. Semantics you know.

I got into work this morning, and everything was mercifully quiet. I did all my usual Monday morning office chores and settled down to get the 411. And this was just precious. It seems that designer Zac Posen would like people to stop ripping off his designs. Does Zac Posen really have a problem with people aping his costumes? Really? Obviously not, but the designer would nonetheless like to see a three year moratorium on copy cats. Why three years? Well I think it has something to do with the fickle nature of fashion generally (it kinda warns you with its name) and the fact that all his shit was done by YvesSaintLaurent 30 years ago.

And in other fashion news, I've decided that Band of Outsiders and Tim Hamilton are the new J. Crew, and in Tim Hamilton's case quite literally. Rag and Bone, dickies with less color. A.P.C, well you know very well what I think of Banana Republic. And I never thought I would say this but Ralph Lauren seems to be the only one that knows which way is up. Call me crazy, but the days when you don't see me strutting down the street in tweed shorts and cashmere overcoat are quickly coming to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home