I Think It Was Intended To Look That Way.

Pretty busy weekend for me. It seems like I spent the whole weekend driving up and down Sunset Boulevard. I started things off by patronizing Compadre's coffee shop in Echo Park. They are nice and quite complimentary of my kicks. I would say something about the coffee, but you know what Dolly says. I then went to the Simpsons movie which was really cute and funny. However, it was the first time I had been to the Arclight Cinema to see a movie without Colin Farrell. It's alright. I can recommend it. Followed by some music shopping where I picked up the new Deadbeat, The Tuss, Spoon, & Moskitoo. I'm sure I'll have a word or two to say about them later on. Already I can say that the new Spoon is delish. There was a lot more I wanted to snag, but economies have to be made. I then went to Undefeated for some sneaker shopping and I scored a couple pairs. Poked around Sunset Junction. Found and purchased a Loomstate tee that in the end looks absolutely fug. Any takers? But no bother. Compadre gave me my birthday pressie later that night which was a tight Neighborhood tee. It says Julio. Watched Factory Girl and it was not as good as you may have heard, but not as bad as a movie featuring a cameo by one of the Olsen twins in it as you might assume.
Yesterday I had brunch at the coffee shop, read some Harry Potter, Compadre made fun of me the whole time and rocked his finest Julie Andrews impression. I did my best to assure the person sitting next to me that there was nothing whatsoever peculiar about a grown man enjoying a children's book about make believe wizards and for a second I almost believed myself. We later walked about Chinatown and peaked inside a couple of cute boutiques. Purchased and assembled a vacuum which is strange since I can never remember how to spell vacuum, and finally was able to watch some ball. Just a few innings, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. The girls didn't fair as well as I would have liked this weekend against the Orioles, but they picked up yesterday's game and remain 4 out from the wild card.
This morning was a hideous experience insomuch as I actually had to drive myself to work. Can you imagine? And I gather that there are several people who do this every day! Needless to say it's Monday morning and I'm already exhausted. It's going to take me hours just to figure out what to say to the parking attendant. But I'm sure I'll manage. And I think I'll have a breakfast burrito before I even try.
I guess I only mention it because it's going to be my last weekend in Los Angeles for a while. A few weeks anyway. Which isn't to say I'll stop dropping in. There are things going on out there outside of LA. I just remain appallingly ignorant of them.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home