What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, August 18, 2006

Forward Looking Deja Vu.




It was just a little mix-up. RoRo called the ball. Derek called the ball. Neither of them caught it. I just watched the the footage. And oh yes, the thouroughly unpleasant hacks on Sportscenter replayed it over and over. And over again. Worstest of all, they charged Derek with an error for impeding Alex's catch.

Now I don't want to blame RoRo cuz based on the footage it was obviously the Sun's fault. Burning all bright and in their eyes like that, but I just don't see how Derek could have impeded RoRo when Derek was behind him and RoRo never saw Derek. I know errors are totally subjective, but I just don't see an error here. Like I said, they both tried to catch the ball, and neither of them did. Cest La Vie. I don't think the umpires need to lower themselves to petty name-calling.

To take my mind off this fiasco, my parents are taking me to Sun Valley for some shopping, cuz there are a few nooks and crannies in the Po Yack that can still hold stuff. Tomorrow I start my journey back to Seattle with a night spent in Boise. The next time I see Idaho it will be covered in snow, and the Yankees would have won the world series, and the umpire that charged Derek with an error will be shoveling off my parents drive.

Good Day Sirs.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hate to say it but if Derek paid more attention to the ball and less attention to patting RoRo's ass somebody would have caught the thing.It's displays like this that give homos a bad wrap in sports.Keep it in the locker room where it belongs!
    3 more days. Yeah!

     
  • At 11:37 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Oops. I conveniently missed that part of the picture. And all I can say is that the game of baseball is very very complicated.

     
  • At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, that's why you have me. If anything naughty can be construed, then I'll construe it.
    D.

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    I want to see Idaho all covered in snow.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home