What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, January 05, 2015

And I Left It At That.



It's a good mother fucking thing this city has decent scenery. On the days you can see 6 feet in front of you in any case. Monday is already a mess and the denizens of this hateful burg are entirely to blame.

Some lumbering douche fuck in a stupid hat couldn't manage to walk in a mother fucking straight line this morning. This, despite the fact that we were in a crosswalk and there were in fact actual visual aids painted on the asphalt to assist the poor touched dip shit navigate said straight line.  Assuming that I was either completely intangible or that I would move out of his way he collided with me. He of course immediately started saying something vicious to me, but my headphones were on, and I was listening to something decent (Taylor Deupree) so I missed his little fiery meltdown entirely. It was probably a good thing.

Then I arrived at work too early to activate the stupid elevator so I jammed across the street and bought some things at the drug store. Andre, the perpetually depressed cashier couldn't be cheered by my sunny disposition or my bright orange Helmut Lang jacket so I slinked away wondering if the SAD would ever effect me like it has so obviously gripped Andre.

I still had time to waste and a few extra dollars in my pocket so I decided to blow them at Starbucks. Blow them in fact I really did. I ordered a triple espresso, pudgy and pallid 'barista' reads the drink order off the side of my cup as though he can't remember what he had just made and hands me what looks undeniably like a double espresso. I was inches away from saying something, but the line had become massive and I could see this descending into a second rate viral YouTube video culminating in my throwing iced espresso in PPB's face. Also, something I have quickly learned since moving up here is that the customer is ALWAYS wrong so I bailed vowing under my breath never to return.

Made it to the office, hung out in reception for about 10 minutes until someone unlocked the door to the hallway leading to my pointless desk. I was still pissed about my espresso and life in general so I began to draft a complaint to Starbucks. Whilst in the middle of my diatribe some officious oik sidles up to me and asks if I'm having 'trouble logging into the system. I fixed him with a glare that was scarcely human and quietly said, 'I'm not really there yet, but I will let you know if and when I have any problems I think you could assist me with.'

Not a good start to the official first full week of 2015,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home