What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, December 09, 2014



So the Where's My Bus app which proved so reliable and helpful when I was living in Ballard has turned out to be utter and relentless shite on Capitol Hill. This morning it simply lied to my face. To my face. Making reference to a bus that was arriving at that very moment which was either completely fucking invisible or entirely non-existent. In either case, I was lied to.

Then I get to the office and the internet stops working just as I'm really digging into an interesting article about the origins of chicken fried steak. The disappointment is palpable.

They installed cable in my apartment, something I have not had for 4 years, but watching Coronation Street is 95% of the reason I am up here so cable installation I got. The problem is that when Coronation Street isn't on I fall into an HGTV hole which is as inescapable as it is lurid. Some bobo Kardashian flunkie telling the camera how she isn't trendy, but timeless, all the while clutching a handful of aluminum flowers. Accent walls that make your house look like it was built sideways, throw pillows that look like medical waste, and if I hear the words 'open-concept' one more mother fucking time...

It has to stop. So I've partitioned off a block of time today where I will try to find some nice Christmas movies to watch. They can be such a tonic during these trying times. That and adjusting my spam filter so I actually see all the free shipping offers which ordinarily don't mean shit to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home