What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Forever Circumspect.


Tender mercies. At least I won't have to wait in line endlessly for shit coffee that will be ultimately yielded by an over made-up aspirational pregnancy latina with a casual relationship with the English language.


Instead the coffee shall be crisp, mostly, and served with sneering white-bred privileged disdain with a haunting smile. In Pendleton.

You see I can't honestly see why there is any hesitation in my mind. Short of actually confirming the job, and concluding my first one, I have taken the proactive step of actually purchasing a ticket. On Amtrak since it is so cheap and easy to cancel.

And still a hesitation.

An offer has come to me. Quite out of the ether. And this offer may allow me to traipse once more in my bucolic idyll of the Emerald City. I may be leaving on Saturday and arriving late Sunday night. The train is ever so slow yet picturesque.

I haven't packed, although I gather I'll get around to it eventually, and yet there is still the lingering 15% chance that the job will fall through and the even greater 30% chance that I'll decided I'm just not in the mood. I've already moved once this year. From Melrose to Franklin and I think that is quite enough for anyone to be getting on with.

And of course I hesitate. Even as the old adage goes those that do are lost, I do.

I mean I have a lot of shit. Packing it up and moving it up the coast is a big job for anyone.

But the coffee is exceptional, and although served with snide indignation it is seved swiftly. They don't want to look at your genetically perfected features any longer than absolutely necessary and their haste shows it.

It seems like a delicious adventure in any case. And since I bought my ticket I think I shall just go ahead and take my ride.

For now.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're establishing a pattern here. Excited for you. I will try to visit in the Summer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home