What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Values Of A Classless Society.







The One From North Carolina, the one who prefaces seventy percent of all his statements with 'In North Carolina...' I don't believe realizes, and to be fair he may come to fathom eventually, that one can't just go around saying 'queer' this and 'queer' that. I mean I don't even say shit like that in the workplace, and there are several places in town where it isn't the 'done thing' shall we say.

Well yesterday TOFNC up and dropped that bomb, and I think he knew it wasn't really the right thing to do because he actually upon reflection of no more than a single second qualified it as a joke. As though any of us in ear shot were prepared to treat it as anything but. A few sideways glaces were exchanged, eyebrows raised, but I stayed as unflappable as ever, and just jotted it down to cold medication running the fancies.

Not that I would have said anything in any event. As long as the Asians go around calling him 'white trash', 'redneck', and keep reminding him to stop fucking his cousins I figure it's all fair in temp love and warfare.

I find working in a culturally diverse workplace quite enriching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home