What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Everyone In This World.



Almost made the bus this morning. Almost. I ran, in shoes which were not quite up for the challenge. It was below freezing so I really did give it my all, but alas, no. I waited in the cold, sent off a few rage tweets to King County Metro. I deleted them once I realized that the bus I missed would get me to the office before my security badge would activate the elevator. Providence? Doubtful. I passed a penny on the street and I did not pick it up. Despite what the adage says it's gross.

In the office someone is eating something that momentarily made me think I forgot to put on deodorant. I subtly checked and I'm in the clear.

There is absolutely nothing for me to do at work except search the internet. I clicked here and there and before I knew it I was reading something on Politco dot com. Not quite as gross as picking up a penny on the street, not quite as grasping and desperate as Salon dot com, but so very close that I just had to step away from the console and I think about what I had done.

I may binge on Downton Abbey later, but will need a couple more cups of coffee before I can even manage the PBS app.

I've given serious thought to drafting a memo directed at the ladies of the office titled something like: Knee High Boots - Not Doing Quite What They Did 6 Years Ago, but given the frigid temperatures even I have to admit that if I had them I may stunt them. Not really. Knee high boots are the single biggest annoyance in my life right now, and I don't care who knows it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home