Did I Ask?

"@TAYWILLMUSIC We will be looking at CdG Shirt. Play is everywhere and not compelling enough for us."
I fell off my chair laughing at this remarkably pompous statement Blackbird recently posted on Twitter. I mean where should I start and it is almost too easy you don't even really want to have a go at this little shop that thought it could, but damn! When they say shit that like.
1. You carry A.P.C., RVCA, Woolrich & everything else every other McBoutique with a nature motif logo carries so your protestations about avoiding overexposed brands really does come across as vacant as it sounds.
2. And Gee, reading your blog it seems that, almost without fail, every brand you've carried in the past is either non-exist or freely available at Ross Dress For Less at close out prices. Love me some Ross. But not you. You're in fucking Ballard, and besides reading the racist backwater twaddle on your neighborhood blog that's about as far as I go with that brand of nonsense so forgive me if I'ma little less than hesitant about this next "it brand" you've decided to hype.
3. It would be about 60% less bad if you would have said Homme Plus, but you didn't now did you?
4. How long you think is it going to take to unload all those acres of Robert Geller? Maybe realizing half the people that liked Cloak find him half as "compelling" as that now dead brand? Maybe?
5. I totally emailed this tweet to Humblebrag. Heard of Humblebrag?
6. I totally appreciate what you are trying to do I really do, but if you paid half as much attention to clothes as you do to putting "Ballard on the map" it might not be so bad. It's ugly. A lot of ugly condos with white people who drop words like "compelling"
7. Corporate backed skateboarding colabs do not give you street cred.
8. & colabs went beyond nauseatingly overdone quite a while ago and we know how sensitive you are about avoiding anything "overdone" like CDG Play.
9. Portland is just a moderately inexpensive suburb of San Francisco.
10. Nothing you ever do will ever make you less lame you fucking less than useless trend whores.
11. Since Humblerag isn't interested I think I'll start a page devoted to the most pretentious of the pretentious twaddle from the "fashion/trend-whororing industry". I will.
12. I apologize if this seems ugly and mean, but this is hardly the time to be concerned with overstatement.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home