What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, July 18, 2011

β-Menge



I could spend a good deal of time wondering how the weekend ended with me flipping off an entire grocery store. From the parking lot. Holding a bag of groceries triumphantly. I mean it was Gelson's so you always mildly anticipate some sort of drama, but this was of an entirely new dimension.

Was it the carmageddon? Had it really taken me to my limit? Or the endless succession of "antique stores" selling the same tarsome mid-century daubs. Which I think we can agree we have all had quite enough of, but no I don't think that was it either.

Seal Beach and a drunken rabble listening to a 90's cover band. The parking fiasco. Not understanding anything. Trauma. Panic. Starting to watch The Last Airbender and then deciding I'd rather be on the freeway.

No. I think it is just Gelson's. Probably even now furiously at work deciding how it can be more of a wretched head-ache. Granted. In hindsight the guy was probably just trying to be nice and I may have had a sour look on my face, and they didn't have the cheese I wanted and I'd gone through this before with other stores and yes, they may have copped some attitude which is entirely unnecessary when a cheese selection fits on 2 shelves, but hey I think I'm settled with things not going my way equals uncompromising rage and hand gestures. At a certain point in any case.

And back to Gelson's. #notgoingbackever Creepy hangout for tweaking Scientologists. Not a grocery store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home