I Never Meant What I Didn't Say.

What can you say about modern architecture? Well not much really. But what can you say about modern architecture in Los Angeles? Oh so many bad things it almost defeats the purpose of even beginning, but let's just try... The Santa Monica and Vermont metro rail station is a behemoth pile of brick, glass, and what I'm told is suppose to resemble aluminum. It stands there striking, imposing, assured, and lacking any reference to it's surroundings thus making it quintessentially modern (I know they try so hard). And as you descend on a morning like this morning where Los Angeles is being pummeled with close to a half inch of precipitation you notice that the entire structure is leaking like the titanic. People have slipped, fallen, there are bodies everywhere, some of them I'm convinced are screaming "I'm melting!" Everything smells of shit and urine, and the only metro transit official to be found is playing with the ends of a plastic trash bag spending minute upon minute trying to get the puzzling object to open and studiously ignoring the distress and utter failure of urban planning and design that surrounds her. And this is simply the way your world will end.
__________________________________________________
Get this, it's apparently probably not a good idea to prescribe drugs for bed wetting. Although by the time you get to that point you already have a highly virulent outbreak of mental deficients breeding so it's kind of a null issue.
And who would have thought it, apparently American Idol destroys people's lives. Never really saw that one coming, but I think I'm color blind, you on the other hand really have no excuse whatsoever. This might be where someone tells me exactly what guns don't do.
__________________________________________________
I had to sit through the most hideous half hour of staged comedy last night. I was watching TMZ - the show not the website - and they aired two disjointed scenes of RoRo walking down the street. One where he is in a tee shirt chatting with the paps, and another scene whith him in a suit walking into a party ignoring a pap who's pretending to be a fan. They use the "footage" to imply that RoRo is this and RoRo is that and they even imply that it's one scene and RoRo just changes from a tee shirt to a suit like Wonder Woman right in front of H. Lorenzo, but once again the only thing they actually establish is that they stage shit better than the Oscar's and that they are incredibly douchey.
1 Comments:
At 6:46 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Honey, drugs have kept me from bed wetting for years!
Dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home