Not At All. We Find It Comforting.
I rode in the clickety clackety peasant barge to Century City this morning. I told myself I was just being a little too precious insisting on an Uber driver picking me up every morning, and now that I see that they appreciate tips this puts a different spin on everything. How many people am I expected to tip just to get me to a fucking job I don't like.
'Here's a little extra thank you for keeping my life going in a steady trajectory of hell no where I want to be?' No.
I'm sure there will be another evacuation or active shooter situation that will make me reevaluate my new found anti-profligacy, but until then I think frugality and sparsity should direct our actions.
The peasant barge was particularly crowded this morning, and I didn't really mind since I had a good place to stand and be jostled about. having to sit at a desk all day I appreciate the opportunity to use my leg muscles one generally only has the opportunity to use while snowboarding or mountain climbing. I was standing rather near the door and a few rough looking housemaids brushed up against me as they tried to exit the bus. I mumbled something like 'Don't touch me peasant filth.', but since I was wearing my new earbuds and listening to a banging Kitsune mix I think I actually shouted it. C'est Mon Vie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home