What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

For Fuck's Sake Just Turn Your Head.



People in Seattle are really bitter. I mean really, really embittered. And I don’t really want to generalize and luckily I don’t have to because the local weekly has this, and this isn't alone. There is a corollary in the daily paper. A forum where people can anonymously write in and bitch about whatever it is they feel needs to be bitched about. Anonymously, of course. Then there is a comments section where readers of the diatribe can chime in and overly misuse the term ‘passive aggressive’ and bitch about the anonymous person doing the bitching.. Hint: It isn’t passive aggressive if it is outwardly dick-ballish. Just saying.
What exactly they have to be bitter about is entirely beyond me. It’s beautiful here, the weather is mild, of course some say shite, but it isn't like the people in this city have had to endure a 20th consecutive day of 90 + degree weather coupled with gridlock and cockroaches and coyotes that force you to veer off the road to your untimely death. The food is great, the music scene is superb, and yes the tourists can be a little bit of a drag, but they are localized to areas easy to avoid and just think about it. At least you live in a city that tourists actually want to visit. This isn't Topeka or Cleveland for fuck’s sake so pull out your thumbs and smile you dowdy, pouty, charcoal gray North Face wearing downers.
Sidewalk hegemons notwithstanding of course. I really only mention it because I work with a woman who is the most dour depressed woman I think I have ever had the displeasure to work with. Every word that comes out of her mouth is imbued with a world weary drawl one rarely hears from a 25 year old. It seems like she's seen everything, done everything and couldn't possibly care less. This despite the fact that she laconically recites everything everybody read on Buzzfeed yesterday, today. It has grown wearisome to say the least. But I'm not going to let it get me down too much. I mean in the land of the amazing lunch and bomb thrift stores (I've scored Balmain and Lanvin since my arrival) how can I possibly get too down about anything for too long?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home